Re: [ProgAndOther] A quick review of Rob's TC1 tape 1

  • upnsm0ke
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      > From: <eichler@...>
      >
      > Djam Karet - Lost But Not Forgotten
      >
      > I'm still not getting into Djam Karet. They're
      > talented guys, but most of their music comes off
      > to me as kind of aimless noodling with lengthy
      > guitar solos. They do what they do really well,
      > but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.

      Listen to the whole album, _The Devouring_, if possible. DK are one of my
      favorite bands.

      > Ashra - 77 Slightly Delayed
      >
      > This was the most pleasent surprise on the tape
      > for me. I really liked this - an upbeat, trancey
      > pattern in the background while multi-tracked,
      > chiming guitars dance over top. Is this the same
      > band as Ash Ra Tempel? I'll have to keep an eye
      > out for this band's CDs.

      I've still a couple of tracks to go to completing my TC3 CDR, and now I
      think I'm going to slap an Ashra track on there. Ashra (the trio formation
      post-dating Ash Ra Tempel) are a great band. Best discs are _Blackouts_,
      _Correlations_, _Belle Alliance_; the recently-released _@ashra_ is a killer
      live disc, from a concert in Japan.

      > Collage - Heroes Cry
      >
      > Very, very neo. Not my style of music at all, but
      > I didn't think this was very good even for neo.
      > Guess I'm not really the best judge though.

      That's actually a good neo disc, and a much better choice of a song from
      there would have been "Wings In The Night."

      E-Man
      np: Kenso, _Yume No Oka_ (again!)