Djam Karet Questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      Since I am sure a few of you on this list are more familiar with this band
      than I am I have a quick question to ask. I picked up "The Devouring" a year
      or so ago, and found it to be quite a likable album. When it was announced
      that Djam Karet would be playing NEARfest next summer I thought I would check
      out another album. I picked up "Suspension & Displacement", and to be honest
      it is hard for me to believe that it is the same band. "S&D" is mainly
      ambient soundscapes that just kind of drone on and on over the length of the
      60 plus minute disc. There are a few interesting sections here and there,
      but I got bored with it fairly quickly. My question is, are these the same
      musicians on "S&D" as on "The Devouring"? Based on these two albums which
      Djam Karet albums would you recommend that I pick up or avoid in the future?

      Thanks in advance,

      Steve Sly
      (NP - Landmarq - The Vision Pit)