RE: [ProgAndOther] ProgDay, Here I Come! [ProgDay 2000 Information]

  • Peter Renfro
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
    • Stephen Ellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
        Okay Peter,

        <yes i knew you meant only MP & SH>  Unaware of the SH request.  You are the master.

        Light show better be good!

        C MDA
        The Cat's Cradle is just for Matthew & Salem Hill. Rest of the show outdoors at Storybook Farm in (hopefully) cooler and dryer weather than what we've had in the past. BTW, Salem Hill actually requested performing at the Cradle...apparently they want to incorporate a light show...

        Peter prognerd@...
      • Bob Eichler
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2000
          Peter Renfro wrote:

          >ProgDay 2000 will take place October 7 & 8 at Storybook Farm in
          >Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The following bands will be performing:

          >FRIDAY NIGHT PRE-SHOW
          >Ozone Quartet, Smokin' Granny and Matter>Eater

          >SATURDAY, October 7
          >Yoke Shire (USA)
          >Kopecky (USA)
          >Mary Newsletter (ITALY)
          >Landmarq (ENGLAND)
          >& starting at 9pm Saturday Night @ the Cat's Cradle:
          >Matthew Parmenter (USA)
          >Salem Hill (USA)

          >SUNDAY, October 8
          >Discus (INDONESIA)
          >Tiles (USA)
          >Malibran (ITALY)
          >Hoyry-Kone (FINLAND)

          Argh, all the bands I want to see are on Friday and Sunday. Is
          this some dastardly plan to make the progsnobs stay for the whole
          weekend? ;-)

          Seriously though, someone sell me on Yoke Shire, Kopecky and/or
          Mary Newsletter. I already know I don't like Landmarq, Discipline
          or Salem Hill, but have never heard anything from the first three
          Saturday bands. Knowing my "progsnob" ways, am I going to like
          any of them?

          Anybody want to go get drunk with me after dinner on Saturday? ;-)

          BTW, Peter - I'm not sure why, but your last two posts to the
          list have showed up in the digest as "undisplayable format". When
          I checked the P&O archives on the web, they showed up as a
          "rich text attachment" that didn't display the normal way. Just
          wanted to let you know, in case there were folks out there who
          might have missed the ProgDay announcement.

          -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

          NP: After Crying, _Struggle For Life_ disc 2 (I'm in a training
          class all this week and only get to listen to 1 or 2 CDs a day.
          It's hell.)