ProgDay, Here I Come! [ProgDay 2000 Information]

  • Peter Renfro
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
    • Stephen Ellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
        Well,

        To be honest I'm not liking moving to Cats Cradle at all.  That said, I'll be leaving to place Mr. & Ms. MDA's chairs in the front row for Salem Hill.

        But Sunday...  Hey y'all if you liked Anbekdoten, Hoyry-Kone is the thing.

        Peter,

        You go guy.  Hell, I may not like all the bands but you do, do it right!

        Captain MDA

        Funny you should ask.... :)

        Dear Proglodites,

        ProgDay 2000 will take place October 7 & 8 at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The following bands will be performing:

        SATURDAY, October 7
        Yoke Shire (USA)
        Kopecky (USA)
        Mary Newsletter (ITALY)
        Landmarq (ENGLAND)

        & starting at 9pm Saturday Night @ the Cat's Cradle:
        Matthew Parmenter (USA)
        Salem Hill (USA)

        SUNDAY, October 8
        Discus (INDONESIA)
        Tiles (USA)
        Malibran (ITALY)
        Hoyry-Kone (FINLAND)

        ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

        TICKET INFORMATION
        Tickets for ProgDay 2000 are $30 per day, general admission ($60 weekend pass). Children under 12 are FREE. People who order before September 23rd will automatically be entered into the ProgDay 2000 raffle as well as be eligible for the ProgPrince(ss) Weekend Packge (see below for more details). Tickets can be ordered by sending check or money order (payable to "Peter Renfro") to the address below.

        ProgDay 2000 Tickets
        c/o Peter Renfro
        207 South Elliott Road
        Chapel Hill, NC 27514

      • Peter Renfro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
        • Stephen Ellis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
            Okay Peter,

            <yes i knew you meant only MP & SH>  Unaware of the SH request.  You are the master.

            Light show better be good!

            C MDA
            The Cat's Cradle is just for Matthew & Salem Hill. Rest of the show outdoors at Storybook Farm in (hopefully) cooler and dryer weather than what we've had in the past. BTW, Salem Hill actually requested performing at the Cradle...apparently they want to incorporate a light show...

            Peter prognerd@...
          • Bob Eichler
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2000
              Peter Renfro wrote:

              >ProgDay 2000 will take place October 7 & 8 at Storybook Farm in
              >Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The following bands will be performing:

              >FRIDAY NIGHT PRE-SHOW
              >Ozone Quartet, Smokin' Granny and Matter>Eater

              >SATURDAY, October 7
              >Yoke Shire (USA)
              >Kopecky (USA)
              >Mary Newsletter (ITALY)
              >Landmarq (ENGLAND)
              >& starting at 9pm Saturday Night @ the Cat's Cradle:
              >Matthew Parmenter (USA)
              >Salem Hill (USA)

              >SUNDAY, October 8
              >Discus (INDONESIA)
              >Tiles (USA)
              >Malibran (ITALY)
              >Hoyry-Kone (FINLAND)

              Argh, all the bands I want to see are on Friday and Sunday. Is
              this some dastardly plan to make the progsnobs stay for the whole
              weekend? ;-)

              Seriously though, someone sell me on Yoke Shire, Kopecky and/or
              Mary Newsletter. I already know I don't like Landmarq, Discipline
              or Salem Hill, but have never heard anything from the first three
              Saturday bands. Knowing my "progsnob" ways, am I going to like
              any of them?

              Anybody want to go get drunk with me after dinner on Saturday? ;-)

              BTW, Peter - I'm not sure why, but your last two posts to the
              list have showed up in the digest as "undisplayable format". When
              I checked the P&O archives on the web, they showed up as a
              "rich text attachment" that didn't display the normal way. Just
              wanted to let you know, in case there were folks out there who
              might have missed the ProgDay announcement.

              -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

              NP: After Crying, _Struggle For Life_ disc 2 (I'm in a training
              class all this week and only get to listen to 1 or 2 CDs a day.
              It's hell.)