Re: [ProgAndOther] what happened?

  • Jerry Keller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000
      bill said about transatlantic

      But to be fair, there were certain instrumental sections or riffs that would be impossible to play in a live setting due to humans only having two hands. Overall,  I thought the set was wonderful for the limited time he 4 folk had to rehearse.  But I do think the mix was the majority of the situain.

      whatever the reasons, i walked out of there terribly disappointed.
      jerry
    • Bill Watkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000

        But to be fair, there were certain instrumental sections or riffs that would be impossible to play in a live setting due to humans only having two hands. Overall,  I thought the set was wonderful for the limited time he 4 folk had to rehearse.  But I do think the mix was the majority of the situain.

        whatever the reasons, i walked out of there terribly disappointed.
        jerry
        [Bill Watkins]
         and I firmly feel, with a better mix, it would have been a much much better set.

          Bill -
      • Jerry Keller
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2000

          bill said about transatlantic

          But to be fair, there were certain instrumental sections or riffs that would be impossible to play in a live setting due to humans only having two hands. Overall,  I thought the set was wonderful for the limited time he 4 folk had to rehearse.  But I do think the mix was the majority of the situain.

          whatever the reasons, i walked out of there terribly disappointed.
          jerry
          [Bill Watkins]
           and I firmly feel, with a better mix, it would have been a much much better set.

            your right. the sound was my major complaint.
          jerry
        • Peter Abusamra
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2000
            My only thought is maybe after 20 hours of music the soundmen's ears and brains were fried!
            Pete

            Jerry Keller wrote:

            i just listened to the transatlantic cd and think its a classic.i keep asking myself how they could butcher the nearfestshow like they did.jerry