Re: [ProgAndOther] Flower Beard, Tape Circles

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      In a message dated 06/30/2000 9:02:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      eichler@... writes:

      << Argh, no! It's no secret that I'm not fond of those bands, but
      putting that aside for a second - the Flower Kings headlined
      ProgDay '98, Spock's Beard headlined NEARFest '99, and Transatlantic
      (featuring members of both bands) headlined NEARFest '00. Plus
      the Beard are apparently touring with Dream Theater, so they
      shouldn't be that hard to go see.

      Yes, but they sell tickets and that is why they keep showing up at these
      shows.

      Steve Sly
      (NP - Kansas - Live At The Whisky)
    • Stephen & JoAnn Ellis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
        And this is not lost on Chad and Rob. This year I felt like the entire
        lineup was good. Unlike these two loser progsnobs sitting in front of Jo
        and I, I felt for the first time at any prog show there was a very good
        balance of the familiar (Iluvatar, NorthStar), the suspected (DFA, HtM,
        Nexus), and the off the wall(TP, Anekdoten). This fact made the show a huge
        cool event.

        I'm game for NF2K1 as long as the same balance is maintained. Arena should
        be the Saturday or Sunday night headliner. I hope Saturday 'cause Bice
        either has to endure it or leave early and go eat. I mean if they play
        Sunday then we know he's outta here heading home 'cause the band isn't good
        or Italian...

        I mean I sat through every band and by doing so I came away with a much
        better appreciation of each. Seriously, TP moved up many notches... This
        band cooks, I'm just not sure if it's edible, not going to kill you but kind
        of like eating bug larva to survive, y'all do know what I'm talking about
        right?

        Love ya Bob, we need each other!!!!!!!!!

        Captain MDA