kansas in the news

  • Eric Baillargeon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
      I know it's old news but it's not often you see Kansas making
      the news section.

      http://www.spin.com/noise/news/2000/02/29/1/index.html#item10

      Kansas Reunites For Album, Tour
      Was it Rousseau or Kansas who once said "All we are is dust in the
      wind?" Oh, no matter. The point is, Rousseau isn't coming back any
      time soon (his publicist won't return our calls) but Kansas, the group
      responsible for '70s classic rock staples like "Dust in the Wind," and
      "Carry On My Wayward Son," have reunited to record a new, studio
      album, and hit the road for a US tour. According to band sources, the
      original line-up of Kerry Livgren (guitar), Steve Walsh (vocals),
      Robby Steinhardt (violin), Dave Hope (bass), Rich Williams (guitars),
      Phil Ehart (drums) and Billy Greer (bass) will record for indie Magna
      Carta Records (their first in this incarnation in over 17 years). "It
      has
      been many years since the original members worked together," said
      drummer Ehart in a press release, "...after everything we've been
      through, it is a very special time for all of us to work on the new
      album.
      " Kansas will enter the studio next month (in Topeka, Kansas... go
      figure). For more info, go to www.kansasband.com.

      Later
      Eric

      NP. LTE - s/t
    • Jim Robinson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
        Hey hard to believe that there is barely any sarcasm in this tidbit from
        Spin.
        Good.

        Peace-
        Jim