Re: Does size matter?

  • Stevesly@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000

      <<
      So my point is that my count stands at: 82 CDs, approx. 100 vinyls,
      approx. 20 old cassettes. And I'm not counting things like my illegit
      dubbed copy of Yes' _90210_ or _95213_ or whatever that perversion of an
      album is called. I'm only talkin' legitimate possessions here. >>

      Let's see........I have somewhere around 550 cd's, and around 300 vinyl
      albums.

      Steve Sly
      (NP - The Beatles - Yellow Submarine)
    • Brett Rains
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
        Stevesly@... wrote:

        <<Let's see........I have somewhere around 550 cd's, and around 300
        vinyl albums.>>

        At last count I'd have to say my collection includes roughly around
        2,000 cds, 600 vinyl lps, & around 400 cassettes....hard to count
        sometimes as they're all in different rooms of the house.

        ~Brett

        np: "Live In Marseilles"- Gerard
      • Paul Arsenault
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
          At 01:06 PM 1/25/2000 -0600, you wrote:
          >From: Gary Varney <xcal@...>
          >
          >Inspired by its sister thread, I'm curious about the size of y'all's
          >collections (no, I'm not from the South). I know it's been beat to
          >death repeatedly on r.m.p. over the years, but since I don't really
          >"know" anyone there it's been only marginally interesting to me.

          As of My last purchase about a week ago I own 562 vinyl albums and 425 CD's

          Later
          Paul

          NP Sylvan - Deliverance
        • Jerry Keller
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
            i guess i have a small collection.
            about 300 vinyls, 200 cds and 50 or so tapes.
            jerry
          • Jeff Swanson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
              I'd guess I own about 1000 releases (600 vinyl/400 CD). I was messing
              around when I was first learning HTML, and built a web page with my
              listings. I've made it available again, if anyone's interested. The URL is:

              http://www.wvonline.net/swanson/tunes/

              Jeff

              N.P. Indigenous - Live At Pachyderm Studio

              ==============================

              Jeff Swanson
              Good Hope, WV
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
                Before I get blasted off of the list.....I need to clarify a thing or
                two.....SOME of those entries belong to my wife. I have never been a
                Go-Go's or Michael Jackson fan......I swear.

                Jeff

                At 10:10 PM 1/25/00 -0500, you wrote:
                >From: Jeff Swanson <swanson@...>
                >

                >I'd guess I own about 1000 releases (600 vinyl/400 CD). I was messing
                >around when I was first learning HTML, and built a web page with my
                >listings. I've made it available again, if anyone's interested. The URL is:
                >
                > http://www.wvonline.net/swanson/tunes/
                >
                >Jeff
                >
                >N.P. Indigenous - Live At Pachyderm Studio
                >

                >==============================
                >
                > Jeff Swanson
                >Good Hope, WV
                > http://www.wvonline.net/swanson/
                >==============================

                >FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
                >are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today
                >and put your mind to rest.

                ==============================

                Jeff Swanson
                Good Hope, WV
              • eichler@epix.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 26, 2000
                  In the last digest, Jeff Swanson <swanson@...> wrote:

                  > Before I get blasted off of the list.....I need to clarify a thing
                  > or two.....SOME of those entries belong to my wife. I have never
                  > been a Go-Go's or Michael Jackson fan......I swear.

                  I know how that is. I wouldn't want people thinking my wife's Duran
                  Duran, Kix and Thompson Twins CDs were mine.

                  On the other hand, she's quick to point out to visitors that the
                  Zappa obsession is entirely mine.

                  Jeff Marx <karnevilj@...> wrote:

                  > Just in case any of you haven't ordered this lovely keyboard trio
                  > tribute album from Arsnova and Gerard, but would like to check out
                  > some of the music, I've put up three RealAudio samples on my
                  > website. Here's the direct URL;
                  > http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Frontrow/7806/plp.html

                  Thanks, I'm gonna check those out as soon as I get home tonight.

                  -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

                  NP: Cleopatra's "Space Daze" space-rock boxed set, disc 2
                • Jerry Keller
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 26, 2000
                    > From: Jeff Swanson <swanson@...>
                    > >I'd guess I own about 1000 releases (600 vinyl/400 CD). I was messing
                    > >around when I was first learning HTML, and built a web page with my
                    > >listings. I've made it available again, if anyone's interested. The URL
                    is:

                    hey jeff,
                    what do you think about kansas?
                    jerry