Re: A Piedi Nudi

  • Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2000
      In the last digest, Gary Varney <xcal@...> wrote:

      >> If you want, I can whip up a couple RealAudio or MP3 samples so you
      >> can check out the vocals for yourself. Let me know.
      >
      >Hey, if you've got the time and the inclination to whip up an MP3 I
      >would very much appreciate it. There's no hurry -- I'm in the middle of
      >selling my house and buying a different one, so I'm not acquiring a
      >whole lot of CDs in the near future.

      I put up two MP3s, one each from _Creazione_ and _Eclissi_. I just
      picked the shortest song from each album, and converted them to MP3
      at 64K/sec to keep the files relatively small. Not the absolute best
      sound quality, but it definitely gives a good idea what the vocals
      sound like.

      They're near the bottom of the page at:

      http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Balcony/3514/music/mpfiles.htm

      -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
    • Gary Varney
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2000
        Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews wrote:

        > I put up two MP3s, one each from _Creazione_ and _Eclissi_. I just
        > picked the shortest song from each album, and converted them to MP3
        > at 64K/sec to keep the files relatively small. Not the absolute best
        > sound quality, but it definitely gives a good idea what the vocals
        > sound like.

        Thanks for putting them up. I've only downloaded the one from
        _Creazione_ so far, and no, I don't find the vocals annoying at all.
        The track itself was a little underwhelming, and was a little
        reminiscent of Duran Duran (just kidding), so I'd have to hear more
        before adding these guys to my "Must Buy" list. I'll get the _Eclissi_
        track a little later.

        And BTW, there's a bunch of other stuff on that page I wanna hear, so
        don't be deleting those anytime soon ;)

        Gary
        NP: UK, s/t
      • Gary Varney
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 24, 2000
          Progthaut@... wrote:

          > I have "Creazione" and "Eclissi", the first IMHO being a little better. Great
          > band, that seems reminiscent of Balletto Di Bronzo with a more up to date
          > edge and blistering guitar work. The vocals are not minimal, but do not take
          > away from this great music (the only type of vocals I can't stand are the
          > "Cookie Monster" type in any language). There a many great 90's Italian Bands
          > out there worth checking out (love those Italians). Of the many, one I
          > received lately that I really enjoy is "Imagin'aria" (anyone know if "In un

          Rick,

          Thanks for letting me know what you thought of A Piedi Nudi. As for
          Italian prog in general, I'm entirely ignorant of it, with Il Balletto
          di Bronzo being the only exception. I've never even heard Locanda Delle
          Fate, and they seem to get rave reviews everywhere I look.

          There are quite a few Italian-fetishists on rec.music.progressive, so my
          curiosity is piqued. So many bands, so little time.

          -g
          NP: UK, s/t
        • eichler@epix.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2000
            In the last Digest, Gary Varney <xcal@...> wrote:

            > Bob Eichler wrote:
            >
            >>I put up two MP3s, one each from _Creazione_ and _Eclissi_. I just
            >>picked the shortest song from each album,
            >
            >Thanks for putting them up. I've only downloaded the one from
            >_Creazione_ so far, and no, I don't find the vocals annoying at all.
            >The track itself was a little underwhelming, and was a little
            >reminiscent of Duran Duran (just kidding), so I'd have to hear more
            >before adding these guys to my "Must Buy" list. I'll get the
            >_Eclissi_ track a little later.

            Well, like I mentioned, I just picked the shortest track on each
            album to make uploading/downloading the MP3s easier. That track
            from _Creazione_ probably isn't the most representative one - there's
            a lot of vocals and not as much "crunch" to that track as there is
            in most of APN's music. The _Eclissi_ track features more of the
            "heavy" stuff, so between the two songs you should get a good idea
            what the band sounds like.

            > And BTW, there's a bunch of other stuff on that page I wanna hear,
            >so don't be deleting those anytime soon ;)

            It'll be up there for a while. Until I start obsessing over some
            new CD, and put up samples from it. But since I have no money for
            buying CDs right now, I'd say the samples on that page are safe for
            at least a couple months.

            > Release dates and tracklist for Platypus album "Ice Cycles"
            [snip]
            > The artwork for "Ice Cycles" is available on the site.
            > Meanwhile, here is the tracklisting:
            [snip]
            > 8. Partial To The Bean (a tragic american quintogy) (10:33)
            > i. intro pompatous
            > ii. yoko ono
            > iii. yoko two-no
            > iv. yoko three-no
            > v. platmosis
            > vi. yoko againo
            > vii. yoko outro

            I *love* those section titles.

            -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

            NP: Present, _Trisk....._ (I'm not typing all that out)