nathan mahl

  • Jerry Keller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2000
      has anyone heard nathan mahls "parallel eccentricities"
      i like "clever use of shadows" alot and would like to look into more
      of their stuff.
      jerry

      np 2 sides of peter banks
    • SONIQ95@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2000
        jerry@... writes:

        << has anyone heard nathan mahls "parallel eccentricities"
        i like "clever use of shadows" alot and would like to look into more
        of their stuff.
        jerry >>

        It's very good, but I didn't like it as much as Clever Use. Bice on the
        other hand, commented previously that he liked this one more. it's an
        interesting CD, from 15 years ago, and a different vresion of Orgasmik
        outburst on it. It also has a download CDR program "history of nathan mahl"
        (which shortens the length of the music)

        I think I recall you are a mahavishnu fan, as am I.

        Suggest you check Subversia first. This is Guy LaBlancs solo. It is closer
        to Clever use in my opinion. The only drawback (for me at least), is that
        the guitar (Scott mcgill) doesn't gel with the toanlity of laBlancs Keys .

        One guy is inside, one guy is outside. I like being both in and out, but
        not the same time

        There is another, but I haven't gotten it yet. Hope I didn't turn you off to
        it, just wanted to give you my opinion

        Regards

        Todd
      • Jerry Keller
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2000
          > jerry@... writes:
          > << has anyone heard nathan mahls "parallel eccentricities"
          > i like "clever use of shadows" alot and would like to look into more
          > of their stuff.
          > jerry >>

          todd wrote
          > It's very good, but I didn't like it as much as Clever Use. Bice on the
          > other hand, commented previously that he liked this one more>
          > I think I recall you are a mahavishnu fan, as am I.
          > Suggest you check Subversia first. This is Guy LaBlancs solo. It is
          closer
          > to Clever use in my opinion. The only drawback (for me at least), is that
          > the guitar (Scott mcgill) doesn't gel with the toanlity of laBlancs Keys
          .
          > One guy is inside, one guy is outside. I like being both in and out, but
          > not the same time
          t. Hope I didn't turn you off to
          > it, just wanted to give you my opinion

          i think thats the way to go.
          i caught mcgill with hand farm and i can see why you say theres a conflict
          between instruments.
          but boy, he can play! i caught handfarm last spring.
          i think "subversia" will be the pick.
          i saw its available at their website..
          btw, i e-mailed them about the possibility of a tour. i received a reply
          stating that there would probably be a short us tour after their next album
          is released (in the spring). i wouldn't mind seeing them at all.
          jerry

          np fish raingods with zippos
        • Jerry Keller
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2001
            i received nathan mahls "heretik vol 1" from the website today
            and have given it my first listen.
            it is similar to the clever use of shadows but rocks more and is less
            fusion like. there are more keyboards and less guitar. jose bergeron doesn't
            appear on this and imho, is missed. guy kicks ass on keys, not surprisingly.
            this needs further digestion but after only one listen this is a keeper.
            hey, how about nathan mahl for the friday night show at nearfest??!!
            jerry

            i wanted to say something about the poll but couldn't think of a danm thing.  LOL
          • jerry950@attbi.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 18 9:38 PM
              i just ordered the new nathan mahl cd, heretik 3 (the
              sentence). it was released a couple of weeks ago. has
              anyone heard it?
              jerry