Re: Re: Annual Best Album Poll 1999

  • Gary Varney
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 1999
      > I don�t have a problem with this, if this is what the majority of the list
      > wants. I did last year�s poll in December, but that does not mean we have to
      > do it that way this year. Any other opinions on this?

      I would also like to hold off a bit on the poll.

      -g
      NP: KC, _THRAK_
    • Miller, Bryan
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 1999
        Steve Sly wrote:
        <<I don't have a problem with this, if this is what the majority of
        the list
        > wants. I did last year's poll in December, but that does not mean we have
        > do it that way this year. Any other opinions on this?>>

        Fine with me!

        One thing I've noticed (in regards to all CD's to be included with
        ONLY 1999 copyright dates) on one of the selections that I wanted to include
        for BEST OF (Janison Edge - The Services of Mary Goode), has got a copyright
        date of 1998, although it was released in the U.S. in February of 1999
        (according to their web-site). So I guess not all dates are entirely
        accurate, as some may be affected by different released versions.

        Bryan Miller
        Athens, Alabama
        NP: Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
      • Stevesly@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 1999

          <<
          One thing I've noticed (in regards to all CD's to be included with
          ONLY 1999 copyright dates) on one of the selections that I wanted to include
          for BEST OF (Janison Edge - The Services of Mary Goode), has got a copyright
          date of 1998, although it was released in the U.S. in February of 1999
          (according to their web-site). So I guess not all dates are entirely
          accurate, as some may be affected by different released version >>

          You make a good point, as that album is on my top 10 list as well. It is
          true that some albums are released in Europe before they are released here,
          so I guess I would count either release date as legitimate, thus Janison Edge
          would qualify as a 1999 album.

          Steve Sly
          (NP - Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory)
        • SONIQ95@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 1999
            In a message dated 12/2/99 1:32:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            jwrjr@... writes:

            << 1-Let's wait til January 3, 2000 to open the polls.
            2-I like the weighted point value system. 10 for #1, 9 for #2 and so on....
            3-Steve, I thank you once again for doing the old best of.. poll. >>

            I agree on all three points

            Todd