Metropolis Pt. 2

  • Chad Preston
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 1999
      Haven't seen too much comment on the new Dream Theater...I've listened to
      it 4 times now and I'm really disappointed. From Images on, I rank each
      album lower than the last. I don't think these guys are the greatest
      lyricists, and by focusing on creating a rock opera, they managed to fill
      77 minutes of time with very little that is interesting musically.
      There's not one song here that I'd rather see live than anything from any
      other album.

      That said, I think I'm a pretty sharp guy, but I'm lost as to what's going
      on. If anyone wants to discuss the plot, email me privately!

      Chad
    • SONIQ95@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
        In a message dated 10/31/99 5:38:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        prestc01@... writes:

        << Haven't seen too much comment on the new Dream Theater...I've listened to
        it 4 times now and I'm really disappointed. From Images on, I rank each
        album lower than the last. >>

        So how would you rank them top down. (for my perspective - I am looking to
        go shopping)

        Todd
      • Jerry Keller
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
          > From: Chad Preston <prestc01@...>
          >
          > Haven't seen too much comment on the new Dream Theater...I've listened to
          > it 4 times now and I'm really disappointed. From Images on, I rank each
          > album lower than the last. I don't think these guys are the greatest
          > lyricists, and by focusing on creating a rock opera, they managed to fill
          > 77 minutes of time with very little that is interesting musically.
          > There's not one song here that I'd rather see live than anything from any
          > other album.

          i say:
          i think the metropolis pt 2 album is excellent. from track 4 till the end i
          think its great. the first 3 tracks are ok, but typical.
          however i think trying to get a whole lot of meaning from the lyrics of a
          concept
          album generally is pretty frustrating. it would seem that the lyrics must
          fit the music and thats not a good recipe for good lyrics. just think of
          tommy.
          this is supposed to be a classic, and in my opinion its a stupid story.
          pinball
          wizard....yeah right.
          anyway, musically, i think metropolis pt2 is just fine.
          jerry

          np humble pie rockin the fillmore