The Corrs

  • Jeff Swanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1999
      Has anyone on the list ever heard of the Corrs? I caught part of their PBS
      show last Saturday night. I thought they were interesting and bought their
      first CD on a whim (they have two CDs...at least that's what CDNow
      says....). This is an Irish band consisting of three sisters and one
      brother of the Corr family (Andrea - vocals, tin whistle; Caroline - drums,
      percussion, vocals; Sharon - violin, vocals; Jim - keyboards, guitars,
      vocals). They are very reminiscent of the Cheiftains (IMO).

      CDNow has mpegs, real audio, and mp3 (I think) clips of the band. Check
      them out! I'm really happy I bought this release!

      Jeff

      N.P. - The Corrs - Forgiven, Not Forgotten

      Jeff Swanson
      URL - http://www.brookings.net/~jswanson/
      E-Mail - jswanson@...
    • Jeff Swanson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 4:58 AM
        At 10:42 PM 8/31/99 -0500, I wrote:

        > They are very reminiscent of the Cheiftains (IMO).

        Actually what I meant to write was:

        They are very reminiscent of the Cheiftains (IMO) on some somgs.

        Sorry for the typo.

        Jeff