Re: ProgDay report part 2: Day 2 and beyond

  • T.J. Higgins
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 1998
      Bob Eichler writes:
      > Another interesting conversation from this party was when the
      > APN drummer said that he didn't understand what "Prog Rock"
      > was supposed to mean. For about half an hour, a bunch of people
      > who don't speak any Italian tried to explain prog rock to a guy
      > who only speaks a few words of English. Finally someone pointed
      > out the irony - we probably couldn't even explain it to someone
      > who *did* speak english. Anyway, one thing the APN guy said was
      > interesting - he said he didn't understand why the music he heard
      > that day was considered unusual in the US - in Italy that was
      > considered perfectly normal music. I think I want to move to
      > Italy...

      I had a similar conversation with Rudolf on Thursday night at Darryl's
      restaurant before the Salem Hill show. I can't remember Rudolf's last
      name, and the CD is at home, but he is the artist who did the artwork
      on The Robbery Of Murder. He is from Poland. He also didn't
      understand why prog music wasn't commercially viable in the USA. He
      said that if Salem Hill and similar bands were in Poland they would
      be at the top of the charts.

      --
      T.J. Higgins
      tjhiggin@...