Re: Glass Hammer and Asia

  • upnsm0ke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 1998
      > From: Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews <eichler@...>
      >
      > >Well, IMHO, Asia after 'Astra' isn't Asia, but 'TGDP' (The Geoff Downes
      > >Project).
      >
      > It seems more like the Geoff Downes and John Payne Project to me, and
      > I can't stand John Payne. The picture of him in the "Aqua" booklet
      > looks like a reject from Guns 'n' Roses, and the albums he's on seem
      > to bear that out. I'd love to see them toss him and bring in *any*
      > other guitarist. There was a rumor a while back that Peter Banks, the
      > original guitarist for Yes, was going to join Asia. That would have
      > been something...

      Too bad even John Wetton has (almost) no interest in Asia...actually, let's
      root for John to fill Greg's void in ELP. THAT would be something!

      Elias
    • Ganger, Charles A
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 1998
        Well, maybe Greg Lake can join Asia to do the pop stuff he's wanting (he did
        do one gig with them). And John Wetton can join up with Carl and Keith and
        form WLP. Then when they get sick of it in a year they can switch roles.

        Chuck