Progressive Rock in the New Issue of Music Street Journal and in the Archives

  • musicstreetjournalnew
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013

      Music Street Journal started off as a prog site. Since we expanded beyond that years ago we have maintained that half of each issue is always progressive rock. There are a lot of great prog articles in the current issue of Music Street Journal. Those can be accessed on the main page of the site (musicstreetjournal.com), but I'll detail them below. Please read beyond those detailed listing for more information about prog at MSJ, though.

      Here are the progressive rock CD (and some LP) reviews we’ve got for new products in the current issue:

      Active Heed - Visions from Reality
      Arabs in Aspic - Pictures in a Dream
      Aurganic - Deviations
      Peter Banks - Two Sides of Peter Banks
      Charles Brown - Light of the Dawn
      Peter Calandra - Ashokan Memories
      Robert Calvert - Lucky Leif and the Longships (Remastered)
      Canvas - Long Way to Mars
      Daemonia - Zombi - Dawn of the Death
      Kit Downes - Light from Old Stars
      FB1964 - The Fearless Vampire Killers
      Fright Pig - Out of the Barnyard
      Peter Gabriel - New Blood
      Gandalf's Fist - A Day in the Life of a Universal Wanderer
      Steve Hackett - Tokyo Tapes
      Steve Hillage - Live in England 1979
      Steve Hunter - The Manhattan Blues Project
      Il Cerchio d'Oro - Dedalo E Icaro
      Ingranaggi della Valle - In Hoc Signo
      Kingbathmat - Overcoming the Monster
      Kitchens of Distinction - Folly
      Kosmos (Finland) - Salattu Maailma
      Kosmos (Finland) - Salattu Maailma (Vinyl LP)
      Levin Minnemann Rudess - Levin Minnemann Rudess
      Ligro - Dictionary 1
      Mooch - Stations of the Sun
      Mr. Averell - Gridlock
      The Mugshots - Love, Lust and Revenge
      Mythos - Grand Prix
      Nineteentwelve - Elegy
      Omenopus - The Physician (CD Single)
      Øresund Space Collective - Organic Earthly Flotation
      Portnoy, Sheehan, MacAlpine and Sherinian - Live in Tokyo
      The Prog Collective - Epilogue
      The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Plays Fleetwood Mac's Rumours
      Shrunken Head Shop - Live in Germany
      Simak Dialog - Trance/Mission
      Sloe Gin - A Matter of Time
      Sons of Hippies - Griffons at the Gates of Heaven
      State Urge - White Rock Experience
      Sting - The Last Ship
      3rd Ear Experience - Boi
      Tolerance - When Time Stops
      Tribute - Breaking Barriers
      Nik Turner - Space Gypsy
      Various Artists - Fly Like an Eagle - An All-Star Tribute to Steve Miller Band
      Darryl Way - Ultra Violins

      These are our new retro prog reviews in the new issue:

      Electric Light Orchestra - ELO2
      Electric Light Orchestra - On The Third Day
      Random Touch - Turbulent Flesh LP

      These New DVD Reviews fall under progressive rock:

      Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue - Live at Wembley DVD
      Bryan Ferry - Live In Lyon DVD
      Peter Gabriel - Live in Athens 1987 DVD
      Santana & McLaughlin - Invitation to Illumination: Live at Montreux 2011 BluRay

      These New Interviews fall under progressive rock:

      Ray Bennett
      Days Between Stations
      Flash
      The Gabriel Construct
      Gandalf's Fist
      Gunnelpumpers
      Liquid Casing
      Alan Morse
      Tim Morse
      Seconds Before Landing
      Tolerance
      Darryl Way

      Stop by musicstreetjournal.com and check all this stuff out, but don't stop there. For one thing we've got a great members area - I'll post some more about that in a moment, too. Memberships start at just six bucks for one month.

      As I mentioned, there's a lot more prog content at the site beyond the stuff in the new issue. First, we've got over fifteen years worth of archives. You can access those by artist by clicking on the "artist" link across the top of the site or by issue by clicking on the "issues" link on the top.

      Here are some videos that will tell you more about the archives and members area:

      This gives you a tour of the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZCK9K6v-4

      This video provides a preview of the members area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0mgHT84EC8

      And this video shows you what you get with a banner ad or sponsorship to the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ximxDBuQ67A

      Thanks for your time and enjoy!