Stravinsky's Rite of Spring - Keyboard Version Released

  • MalcolmS
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2013
      Greetings!

      This post may go a little over the edge for progressive rock, but I know you'll enjoy this 2013 release - an all-keyboard version of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, by Marc Spooner (Metaphor), and it's very cool!

      You probably already know that this piece is filled with the same elements we all love in prog rock: unusual tonalities, odd meters and rhythms, and unexpected stresses and dissonance. It's performed with a bunch of vintage Moog, ARP, and Roland synths, a bit of modern Kurzweil, plus plenty of Mellotron.

      This is such a fun, interesting listen! As long-time prog rock fan, I found it to be a very deep and satisfying CD - and I think you'll like it too.

      Visit https://www.facebook.com/MarcSpoonerMusic for more info.

      thanks,
      malcolm