Did you know Yes was a hard rock band?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      The AllMusic site never fails to annoy me. I've been listening to a bunch of old Rick Wakeman albums recently because I finally got to the Ws in my ongoing quest to convert my music collection to MP3. So, just out of boredom, I looked up Wakeman on the AllMusic site. His bio contains this gem:

      "After two albums with the Strawbs, Wakeman joined Yes, a post-psychedelic hard rock band that had attracted considerable attention with their first three albums."

      OK, post-psychedelic I can see, but "hard rock"? Yes? I'm wondering if the person who wrote that has ever heard any Yes. And that "attrached considerable attention with their first three albums" makes it sound like they were just some footnote in rock history.