Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Yes in Bethlehem, PA last night

  • sdsly
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 9, 2013
      I've seen Fripp twice and never seen him say anything cross to anyone, but......I saw Steve Howe blow a gasket at a show in Grand Rapids Michigan some years ago.  He was doing his acoustic spot and someone in the audience pissed him off.  He yelled at who ever the offending parties were for about 30 seconds and then kept playing.

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
        It was nice to see you there Bob! I was definately feeling it for you as I saw the audience standing on your side thru alot of the show whist those on our side politely sat down.
        Our obnoxious drunks were back and to the right and don't sound as bad as yours were.
        I agree with your accessment of the performance, the band seemed to truely be enjoying themselves, perhaps breaking the tour up with the cruise was a good idea.
        I'm totally sold on Jon Davidson, had my doubts going in but he really nailed it, and proved to me at least that he belonged. Downes boggled a couple of parts but for the most part did quite well. Overall an excellent show.

        Jeff Wilson

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
          --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, stevesly@... wrote:

          > I saw Steve Howe blow a gasket at a show in Grand Rapids
          > Michigan some years ago. He was doing his acoustic spot
          > and someone in the audience pissed him off. He yelled at
          > who ever the offending parties were for about 30 seconds
          > and then kept playing.

          I tried to reply to this yestarday, but the post never showed up,
          so apologies if this ends up posting twice.

          When I saw Howe on the tour that produced the "Not Necessarily
          Acoustic" album, he was in a good mood for most of the show.
          But then when he tried to do "Heat of the Moment" as the big
          closing number of the show, something went wrong with the monitor
          system and he couldn't hear his own vocals. His singing went
          from bad to just atrocious, and when he wasn't singing he kept
          yelling at the sound guy to turn his vocals up. He made it to
          the end of the song, then stormed off and refused to come back
          out for an encore.

          Still a really good show, just a shame it ended that way.

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
            --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

            > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler2@> wrote:
            > >
            > > So the wife and I made the trip to Bethlehem last night to see
            > > Yes.
            >
            > For anyone who does the Dime a Dozen thing - there's already a
            > recording of this show up. I downloaded it last night and just
            > started listening to it this morning, but it sounds pretty good
            > so far.

            I just noticed that the same taper put up a recording of Yes from the
            same venue from last year (I didn't even know they played in PA last
            year - how'd I miss that?). Anyway, that one also has pretty good
            sound quality (a little too "digital" sounding, but listenable) and
            includes a live version of the full "Fly From Here" suite. First time
            I've gotten to hear that live - sounded great. I'm sorry I missed
            the concert.