Re: [ProgAndOther] Love For Levon

  • sdsly
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2013
      I saw part of this the other day, but it was more towards the beginning of the show.  I would like to try to catch the whole thing.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "T. J. Higgins" <tjhiggin@...> wrote:

        > So I'm channel surfing and stumble across the Levon Helm benefit
        > show from last fall, "Love For Levon," on my public TV station and
        > caught the last 1/3 of it. Really great show. Worth checking out
        > if you happen to see it in your TV listings.

        I stumbled on the last half of that about a week ago - I think it
        was on the AXS channel. Really enjoyed it, so I kept an eye out
        for re-runs and got to see the first half a few days later.

        > Roger Waters is featured on the last 3 songs. I gotta admit I'm
        > still trying to wrap my head around Waters playing Americana music
        > on stage with the likes of Joe Walsh, Gregg Allman, and Robert
        > Randoph.

        I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I must have slipped into
        an alternate dimension while watching Waters sing "The Night They
        Drove Old Dixie Down".

        I had never heard of Grace Potter before seeing that concert, but
        a few days ago they were showing one of her band's shows and I saw
        the last 10-15 minutes of it. I don't think I've evern seen anyone
        who is as *into* performing as she is. Bouncing all over the place
        and frequently hopping up from the keyboards to high-five the front
        row. The music was only so-so, but the stage presence was amazing.

        -- Bob
      • sdsly
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          Potter was just here in Kalamazoo about a month ago, and I thought about going.  I am not that familiar with her, but some of the stuff I have seen on TV has been pretty impressive.  Her concert here got rave reviews in the paper.

          Steve