Firepool Records Press Relases 01.19.13

  • Michael Ostrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013

      FIREPOOL RECORDS RELEASES CONJURE
      Herd of Instinct's Second Album Pushes Instrumental Boundaries

      Topanga, CA - Pushing the limits of their creativity, instrumental group Herd Of Instinct draws from a vast array of influences-multi-cultural music, literary clues, horror and cinematic film scores, obscure elements of rock, avant-garde, electronic, prog, and psychedelic music-to create a style that is uniquely their own.

      Released by Djam Karet's label Firepool Records, Conjure builds on the success of their first album. With guest musicians including Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Joel Adair (Legacy Brass Quintet) and looping samples by Steve Tibbetts, combined with their impeccable production, deep compositions, and impressive performances, Conjure is a real treat for fans of King Crimson, Pink Floyd and Mick Karn.

      Conjure is a finely-crafted, landmark release. In order to create a more dynamic and lively sound, no compression or limiting was used on this recording. This sophomore effort features polyrhythmic Warr guitar and powerful drumming, classic keyboards by Gayle Ellett (Djam Karet). and beautiful guitar solos and textures. Songs such as Praxis brim with intense, fiery energy. The beautiful and calming Alice Krige pt.1 has dreamy flute and jazzy trumpet melodies, whereas Solitude One, with its Indian dilruba lines, has a more dance vibe. The album closes with the psychedelic lullaby, The Secret Of Fire, which completes this diverse yet coherent journey.

      On Conjure the focus is very much on composition, arrangements and orchestration. Their music is not just a set-up for showy solos. Instead, they create music that is full of great ensemble playing and group dynamics. Herd Of Instinct has a clear vision of what they are trying to do. And, fortunately for us, on Conjure their goals are fully realized.

      GUITAR PLAYER Magazine described the first Herd of Instinct album as "A heady melange of avant-prog spiced with dashes of ambient, symphonic, metallic, and world musics, and topped with a dollop of pop."

      HERD OF INSTINCT release date: January 22, 2013
      Published by Firepool Records.
      Featuring 12 tracks. Total time: 53:13

      More info and sound clips HERE (http://www.djamkaret.com/firepoolrecords/herdofinstinct2/)

      Available HERE now (http://www.djamkaret.com/store.php) from Djam Karet/Firepool Records and also from select websites and retailers such as Wayside Music, The Laser's Edge, and Rhino Records.

    • Steven Davies-Morris
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
        On 01/19/2013 01:15 PM, Michael Ostrich wrote:
        > FIREPOOL RECORDS RELEASES CONJURE
        > Herd of Instinct's Second Album Pushes Instrumental Boundaries
        >
        > /Topanga, CA/ - Pushing the limits of their creativity, instrumental
        > group Herd Of Instinct draws from a vast array of
        > influences-multi-cultural music, literary clues, horror and cinematic
        > film scores, obscure elements of rock, avant-garde, electronic, prog,
        > and psychedelic music-to create a style that is uniquely their own.
        >
        > Released by Djam Karet's label Firepool Records, Conjure builds on the
        > success of their first album. With guest musicians including Colin Edwin
        > (Porcupine Tree), Joel Adair (Legacy Brass Quintet) and loop ing samples
        > by Steve Tibbetts, combined with their impeccable production, deep
        > compositions, and impressive performances, Conjure is a real treat for
        > fans of King Crimson, Pink Floyd and Mick Karn.
        >
        > Conjure is a finely-crafted, landmark release. In order to create a more
        > dynamic and lively sound, no compression or limiting was used on this
        > recording. This sophomore effort features polyrhythmic Warr guitar and
        > powerful drumming, classic keyboards by Gayle Ellett (Djam Karet). and
        > beautiful guitar solos and textures. Songs such as *Praxis* brim with
        > intense, fiery energy. The beautiful and calming *Alice Krige pt.1* has
        > dreamy flute and jazzy trumpet melodies, whereas *Solitude One*, with
        > its Indian dilruba lines, has a more dance vibe. The album closes with
        > the psychedelic lullaby, *The Secret Of Fire*, which completes this
        > diverse yet coherent journey.
        >
        > On Conjure the focus is very much on co mposition, arrangements and
        > orchestration. Their music is not just a set-up for showy solos.
        > Instead, they create music that is full of great ensemble playing and
        > group dynamics. Herd Of Instinct has a clear vision of what they are
        > trying to do. And, fortunately for us, on Conjure their goals are fully
        > realized.
        >
        > GUITAR PLAYER Magazine described the first Herd of Instinct album as "A
        > heady melange of avant-prog spiced with dashes of ambient, symphonic,
        > metallic, and world musics, and topped with a dollop of pop."
        >
        > HERD OF INSTINCT release date: January 22, 2013
        > Published by Firepool Records.
        > Featuring 12 tracks. Total time: 53:13
        >
        > More info and sound clips HERE
        > (http://www.djamkaret.com/firepoolrecords/herdofinstinct2/)
        >
        > Available HERE now (http://www.djamkaret.com/store.php) from Djam
        > Karet/Firepool Records and also from select websites and retailers such
        > as Wayside Music, The Laser's Edge, and Rhino Records.

        I'm very interested in this record.

        --
        SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
        Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net