Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Fwd: [e-Prog] YES To Perform Three Classic Albums In Their Entirety In One Evening - Dec. 10, 2012

  • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70)
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
      This is why I dont go to big shows anymore. I'm at the point where I don't care who they are.

      -scott

      On Dec 15, 2012, at 8:45 AM, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

      --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, marabus <marabus@...> wrote:

      > In a career first, iconic and Grammy-winning rock band YES will
      > perform three of their classic albums in their entirety, all in
      > one concert, on a special tour in 2013: 1971's "The Yes Album",
      > 1972's "Close To The Edge" and 1977's "Going For The One".

      Thanks for the head's up on this. I got tickets for the Bethlehem,
      PA show the day they went on sale and managed to get a couple of
      decent seats in the 15th row a little to the right of center stage.

      Kind of sucks that if you want anything in the first 10 rows you
      have to pay through the nose for "VIP" or "Meet and Greet" tickets.
      Like I'm gonna pay $500 for two tickets to see latter-day Yes.
      Just for the 2 "regular" seats I ended up getting, it was $160
      once Ticketbastard finished putting all their fees on top. I'll
      be curious to see if all those super-expensive seats actually
      sell out.

      The recent Zappa release "Carnegie Hall" includes a replica ticket
      stub from that early 70s show. Most expensive seat: $6.

      -- Bob

    • T. J. Higgins
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
        On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 05:43:50PM -0600, Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70) wrote:
        > This is why I dont go to big shows anymore. I'm at the point where I don't care who they are.

        Tell me again how much we paid for that Return To Forever reunion
        show a few years ago? :^) :^)

        T.J.
      • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70)
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
          Ok smarty ass. We got 15th row seats for about $40 bucks. I paid almost $100 to see Rush last year. I guess I shouldnt make such bold statements.

          -scott

          On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:03 PM, "T. J. Higgins" <tjhiggin@...> wrote:

          On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 05:43:50PM -0600, Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70) wrote:
          > This is why I dont go to big shows anymore. I'm at the point where I don't care who they are.

          Tell me again how much we paid for that Return To Forever reunion
          show a few years ago? :^) :^)

          T.J.

        • JeffW
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
            --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the head's up on this. I got tickets for the Bethlehem,
            > PA show the day they went on sale and managed to get a couple of
            > decent seats in the 15th row a little to the right of center stage.

            Bob,

            See you there! Right Center row 15, seats 7 & 8.

            Jeff
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
              --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "JeffW" wrote:

              --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" wrote:

              Thanks for the head's up on this. I got tickets for the Bethlehem,
              PA show the day they went on sale and managed to get a couple of
              decent seats in the 15th row a little to the right of center stage.

              See you there! Right Center row 15, seats 7 & 8.

              That's really weird - those are the exact seats I tried to order.
              When I looked at the seating diagram on the web page, the first
              two seats I picked were in the 12th row on the left, but they
              were pretty far over to the left. So I unselected them and
              picked right center, row 15, seats 7&8 instead because they were
              closer to center. I just looked at the receipt I got, and it
              gave me left center, row 12, seats 12 & 13 - the original ones
              I looked at.

              I guess when they're only charging me $30 in "convenience" fees,
              I have to expect a few bugs in their system. Freakin' Ticketbastards.