This is my dilemma, this is my concern

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      As I'm sure most folks on this list can identify with, every year
      about this time, people start asking what CDs I might want for Christmas. And usually the stuff I want isn't for sale on Amazon
      or in local stores, so they give up and just get me socks or somesuch.

      This year I decided to just go buy myself some music. I'm a couple
      years behind on the latest posthumous Zappa releases due to the
      problem described above, so I just went to www.zappa.com and ordered
      seven CDs worth of music.

      I figured, given the Zappa family's stellar track record with
      delivering the goods, I'd be lucky to get the stuff before Xmas.
      But apparently they've outsourced their on-line shopping page to
      a competent company in Virgina, and the CDs showed up on my
      doorstep just a few days after I ordered them.

      So now I've got this box of 7 new (well, new to me) Zappa CDs sitting
      in my basement, just itching to be listened to. Do I say "heck with
      it" and open 'em up now, or do I actually wait until Christmas to
      listen to them? I'm really torn on this one.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

        > So now I've got this box of 7 new (well, new to me) Zappa CDs sitting
        > in my basement, just itching to be listened to. Do I say "heck with
        > it" and open 'em up now, or do I actually wait until Christmas to
        > listen to them?

        Never mind, the signs have convinced me to start listening to them
        tomorrow. First, during dinner conversation with my daughter, she
        mentioned how she's trying to find time to do all the things she
        enjoys before December 21st, just in case the world does end. And
        then after dinner I checked the Zappa newsgroup and the only message
        was a reminder that tomorrow will be the 19th anniversary of the day
        Frank died, which is usually when I begin my marathon Zappa listening
        sessions.

        With signs like that pointing at opening the CDs now, I don't see
        how I can do anything else. It reminds me of the bit from the one
        Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy book where Arthur and Ford are
        starving and they find a pile of food in the forest and they're
        trying to figure out if it's safe to eat, and Ford keeps saying
        "Look at it this way...". When Arthur asks why he keeps saying
        that, he says something like "Because I'm trying to find a way to
        look at it that means we get to eat it".