Re: [ProgAndOther] ProgDay recordings

  • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70)
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 18, 2012
      Hi Bob,

      I was hoping that you could send me data DVDs with the flac files like we've done before. If that's too much trouble, I understand. But, just in case, here's my snail-mail…

      Scott Storey
      66 Crystal Ridge Road
      Mulberry, TN. 37359

      Thanks Bob,
      -scott

      From: biceeichler <eichler2@...>
      Date: Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:29 AM
      To: "ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com" <ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [ProgAndOther] ProgDay recordings

      All my audience recordings from this year's ProgDay are now up on
      the Dime a Dozen site, for anyone who does torrents and has access
      to that site.

      For anyone else who wants them, it's time to play the annual game
      of figuring out the best way to get the recordings to everyone.

      I'm pretty sure that Comcast gives me enough web space that I could
      put MP3s of one band at a time up on my web site. Once everyone
      has grabbed that band, I could put the next one up. Does that
      solution work for everyone?

      Option B would be to have people send my their snail-mail addresses
      and send out data DVDs.

      Last year there was someone who made a very nice web page and put
      all the MP3 recordings up on their site for a while. If that
      person wants to volunteer again this year, we could do that.

      What works best for everybody?

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 18, 2012
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS70)" <scott.d.storey@...> wrote:

        > Hi Bob,
        >
        > I was hoping that you could send me data DVDs with the flac files

        Well, you did hold up your end of the deal and bribe me with a fine
        Belgian beer. So of course I'm gonna send you the DVDs. :-)

        My DVD burner on my main computer is dying, but I should be able to
        burn the files with one of the many laptops around the house. I'll
        get the discs sent out by the weekend.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 23, 2012
          Since the We Transfer site is a lot easier for me to use than hosting
          the files on my personal site, plus We Transfer gives enough space to
          put up both the FLACs and MP3s, plus the fact that I'm going to be
          away from my computer for the next week, I just went ahead and put all
          my remaining ProgDay recordings up on We Transfer. They should be
          available to anyone who wants them until at least Friday, Oct 5th:

          Ephemeral Sun:
          http://wtrns.fr/O4E6b2ry3wAvTe6

          Karcius:
          http://wtrns.fr/l_Ubf37V3uh08qe

          Acccordo dei Contrari:
          http://wtrns.fr/SfnZOp7s3hrp25q

          Birdsongs of the Mesozoic:
          http://wtrns.fr/EJoiKsad3PtRJaX

          Dreadnaught:
          http://wtrns.fr/5aadBr0YCbDV7W

          Doctor Nerve:
          http://wtrns.fr/yR7Mch2K58qpT7J

          Consider the Source:
          http://wtrns.fr/174_a7lPqXX0XJ

          Iluvatar:
          http://wtrns.fr/yO0M56F859kTdNp

          Each link takes you to a download page where you can download a
          ZIP file that contains the band's full set in FLAC and MP3 format,
          along with photos and a text set list file. I tested the link
          for Ephemeral Sun and downloaded the files with no problems - it
          doesn't require a password or even an email address.

          Enjoy.