JACK DUPON Plays ProgDay 2012!

  • Miciah2001
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 12:11 PM
      JACK DUPON Plays ProgDay 2012!

      "They have mixed Zappa, Etron Fou Leloublan, King Crimson, Adrian Belew, Gong, Magma, the psychedelic, avant-garde, to concoct a musical machine... zany and crazy, which has freed itself from many formal conventions... Everyone is unanimous in recognizing the talent and boundless imagination of these musicians." - Harmonie Magazine

      "...a jewel that is reassuring about the ability of some of today's artists to think outside of the box, and offer up music that is both different and fearless." - Progressia Magazine

      The foundations of French band JACK DUPON go back to 2001, but it wasn't until 2006 that the group surfaced with their first release, L'Africain Disparu. Already the audacity and spirit that defines JACK DUPON was in place. Since then they have developed a reputation for exceptional live shows ("Best Band," Brugheas festival, 2007; 4th Prize out of 1800 entrants and "Best Bassist," Bilborock festival, Spain, 2007) and released eclectic, creative and acclaimed albums: L'Echelle du Désir in 2008 (Top 50 albums of the year, `Délire Musical,' CFLX-FM, Quebec), and Démon Hardï in 2011 (#1 Progressive Rock CD, Arlequins). Bascule á Vif is a recent two-disc set capturing the energy of JACK DUPON live.

      After their performance at the 2010 preshow, we received many requests to host them at Storybook Farm. The audience will be in for a treat when JACK DUPON takes the main stage at ProgDay 2012.

      JACK DUPON will join Accordo Dei Contrari (Italy) and Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic (US) at ProgDay 2012, the 18th edition of the longest running progressive rock festival in the world. ProgDay 2012 will take place on Saturday, September 1st, and Sunday, September 2nd, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

      Thanks!

      Michael

      ---------------

      www.progday.net
      www.michaelbennett.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 4:51 AM
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Miciah2001" <miciah@...> wrote:

        > JACK DUPON Plays ProgDay 2012!

        Great news.

        > After their performance at the 2010 preshow, we received many
        > requests to host them at Storybook Farm. The audience will be
        > in for a treat when JACK DUPON takes the main stage
        > at ProgDay 2012.

        Yeah, they were very entertaining at that preshow. Excellent
        musicians with a weird sense of humor - the guitarist wore
        aviator goggles, the bassist kind of danced and strutted around
        the stage a lot. Lots of funny, broken-English annoucements
        between songs. If I remember right, they played one song that
        was around half an hour long and brought the house down.

        Looking forward to seeing them again.

        Here's a couple pictures I took of them at the preshow:

        http://home.comcast.net/~eichler2/JackDupon1.jpg

        http://home.comcast.net/~eichler2/JackDupon2.jpg

        -- Bob
      • Jared Levin
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 7:26 AM

          They seem like a good choice! I missed ProgDay 2010, so have never seen them. But I like the photo of them on the ProgDay page.

        • progholio@juno.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3 9:35 AM
            very exciting!
            they did a wonderful job at the pre-show.
            progday is shaping up rather nicely (it alwasy does).

            rich

            They seem like a good choice! I missed ProgDay 2010, so have never seen them. But I like the photo of them on the ProgDay page.

            > After their performance at the 2010 preshow, we received many
            > requests to host them at Storybook Farm. The audience will be
            > in for a treat when JACK DUPON takes the main stage
            > at ProgDay 2012.

            Yeah, they were very entertaining at that preshow. Excellent
            musicians with a weird sense of humor - the guitarist wore
            aviator goggles, the bassist kind of danced and strutted around
            the stage a lot. Lots of funny, broken-English annoucements
            between songs. If I remember right, they played one song that
            was around half an hour long and brought the house down.

            Looking forward to seeing them again.

            Here's a couple pictures I took of them at the preshow:

            http://home.comcast.net/~eichler2/JackDupon1.jpg

            http://home.comcast.net/~eichler2/JackDupon2.jpg

            "Miracle" Fruit Melts Fat
            Doctors Claim This To Be His #1 Fat Burner In A Bottle. See What It Is
            BetterLifestyleTips.com