Re: [ProgAndOther] ProgDay 2011

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
      Laurel and I have reservations booked at the Comfort Inn.  I have not purchased plane tickets yet.  I am officially "retired" from ProgDay, but am back involved as a financial backer.  Considering the budget the guys are working with this year, they are really putting together a killer lineup.  I am really looking forward to coming back as an audience member this year and think it is going to kick ass.

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2011
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "progholio@..." <progholio@...> wrote:

        > i think you're a gov't employee aren't you bob,
        > if so you can get a pretty cheap reservation,
        > possibly better than PD's rate.

        Yes, I'm a government employee, but I'm DoD and they're pretty
        strict with their travel rules. I could get in big trouble for
        violating the rules, and I'm not 100% positive, but I think
        asking for the government rate when I'm not on official business
        is against the rules.

        Anyway, I called the Comfort Inn and...it was a disaster, just
        like every freaking year when I try to make a reservation there.
        The first time I called, I got transferred to the reservation line,
        then put on hold, then disconnected.

        The second time I called I got a completely different person, but
        she asked if I was calling about ProgDay, so she must have been
        listening in on the first call. When she looked up the ProgDay
        rate, she told me that the contract hadn't been finalized yet, so
        she couldn't give me the ProgDay rate. I told her that a couple
        other people that I know on-line said they already got it, and
        she said that was impossible because *no one* had reserved a room
        in the ProgDay block yet.

        After talking with her supervisor, she got permission to give me
        the ProgDay rate ($74.99 a night) even though the contract wasn't
        official yet. But she insisted that no reservations had been made
        for ProgDay. So those of you who have already booked rooms, you
        might want to call back and confirm them.

        At the end of the call, she read back all of my reservation info,
        and it turned out she had incorrectly entered the check-in date
        as Thursday, Sept. 1st. So maybe that's why she couldn't find
        any other ProgDay reservations.

        -- Bob
      • vlee01
        Message 3 of 16 , May 3, 2011
          I live in Durham and hopefully (fingers crossed) I will make it this year.

          V. Lee

        • progluvr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , May 3, 2011
            Great! Hope to see you there.  : )
            Debbie

            In a message dated 5/3/2011 1:32:15 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, earthyfemme@... writes:

            I live in Durham and hopefully (fingers crossed) I will make it this year.

            V. Lee

            Deb S.
            "The Prog-Rock Diner" Monday 5-7pm EST
            www.progrockdiner.com
            www.fcac.org/webr
          • Doug Hinson

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 16 9:10 AM
                I've been listening to the sample files from the ProgDay
                web site all day, and man am I getting psyched for this
                year's show. I haven't heard everything yet, but so far
                I've at least liked every band and there have been a couple
                that I'm really looking forward to.

                Panzerballett - avant hard rock jazz covers of AC/DC, the
                Pink Panther theme, the Simpsons theme and a Zappa medley?
                Are you kidding me? How have I not heard this band before
                this? Can't wait to see them.

                So who all is going this year?

                -- Bob
              • progluvr@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 16 9:52 AM
                  I'll certainly be there... : )   Just did a ProgDay special on my radio show.  If anyone wants to hear it, email me directly and I'll provide the means.   progluvr@...

                  Deb

                  www.radiofairfax.org
                • progholio@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 16 10:08 AM
                    i'll be there.

                    i'm with you - even though it's heavy on the instrumental bands i'm very psyched.

                    see yoos in a couple of weeks
                    rich

                    I've been listening to the sample files from the ProgDay
                    web site all day, and man am I getting psyched for this
                    year's show. I haven't heard everything yet, but so far
                    I've at least liked every band and there have been a couple
                    that I'm really looking forward to.

                    Panzerballett - avant hard rock jazz covers of AC/DC, the
                    Pink Panther theme, the Simpsons theme and a Zappa medley?
                    Are you kidding me? How have I not heard this band before
                    this? Can't wait to see them.

                    So who all is going this year?

                    57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25
                    ConsumerLifestyles.org
                  • Roy DeRousse
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 16 10:11 AM
                      Hey Bob - I am psyched too. You picked one of the bands that I am most
                      looking forward to - Panzerballett. What a fun band with a great mix of many
                      different styles! I bet that they will be great live. I hadn't heard of them
                      before either.

                      --
                      Have fun!

                      Roy DeRousse
                    • T. J. Higgins
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 16 10:17 AM
                        On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 04:10:39PM -0000, biceeichler wrote:
                        > So who all is going this year?

                        PD is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I'll be there.
                        I made a set of sampler CDs a couple of weeks ago and have been
                        listening to it almost exclusively. So far I'm liking Fibonacci
                        Sequence and Freak Kitchen. Also looking forward to Persephone's
                        Dream.

                        T.J.
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 16 2:51 PM
                          Laurel and I will be back this year.

                          Steve

                          I've been listening to the sample files from the ProgDay
                          web site all day, and man am I getting psyched for this
                          year's show. I haven't heard everything yet, but so far
                          I've at least liked every band and there have been a couple
                          that I'm really looking forward to.

                          Panzerballett - avant hard rock jazz covers of AC/DC, the
                          Pink Panther theme, the Simpsons theme and a Zappa medley?
                          Are you kidding me? How have I not heard this band before
                          this? Can't wait to see them.

                          So who all is going this year?

                          -- Bob

                        • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)