Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Aging music fans

  • marabus
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 10, 2011
      A recent find for me is a great prog band from Cuba-Anima Mundi.They
      have 2 cds out that I know of and have-highly recommended. Jagannath Orbit
      and The Way.
      Pete
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 10, 2011
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, stevesly@... wrote:

        > What is your definition of "classic rock"? To me classic rock
        > incorporates all of the genres along with your straight ahead
        > more AOR oriented stuff.

        I'd say that I lean more towards the AOR bands as "classic rock",
        plus the more popular proggy stuff like The Yes Album, Dark Side
        of the Moon, Kansas, etc.

        I think the biggest difference in our definitions is metal. I
        just don't consider metal bands to be "classic rock". Probably
        because I've never really liked them all that much.

        "Classic rock" is kind of a dumb genre name anyway. I recently
        downloaded an arcade emulator program called MAME and one of the
        games I grabbed for it was "MTV's Music Trivia", which came out
        in the mid-80s. They have a classic rock category in the game,
        so I tried it - and all the questions were about Motown, British
        invasion bands, Elvis, etc.