Re: [ProgAndOther] Science fiction movies (was Re: Battlefield Earth)

  • Roy DeRousse
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2011
      progholio@... wrote:
      > Avatar was absolutely the best 3-D movie i ever saw from the visual
      > aspect, i agree with Roy, nothing too deep but still fun. I remember
      > telling Connie when we saw this in the theatre that it was like
      > watching several Roger Dean album covers come to life, i sure hope he
      > was compensated for it.

      He was not consulted nor was he compensated. Cameron claims that none of it
      was intentional. Maybe not by him, but his Art Director surely must have
      known about it!

      Google "roger dean" avatar. There are a ton of sites out there that comment
      and compare art. Here are some of them:

      http://superherobabylon.blogspot.com/2009/12/avatarroger-dean-taste-test.html
      http://blog.signalnoise.com/2010/01/06/avatar-vs-roger-dean/

      --