Genesis trivia

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      I was listening to some Genesis this morning and was kind of
      surprised to hear lyrics ripped off from hip-hop (at least I
      think that's where the well-traveled line originated). I don't
      know how I never noticed it before. So here's the trivia
      question:

      Which Genesis song comes very close to using the "Wave your
      hands in the air like you just don't care" line?

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
        Something is right on the tip of my brain, but it is not coming to me.........

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2011
          > Which Genesis song comes very close to using the "Wave your
          > hands in the air like you just don't care" line?

          > Something is right on the tip of my brain, but it is not coming
          > to me.........

          I'm surprised no one got this (or maybe no one cared?)

          It's from the last song on the self-titled Genesis album,
          "It's Gonna Get Better":

          Reach out, hands in the air
          Don't care, just what they're saying

          -- Bob
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2011
            Two thoughts:

            I am reminded of the Futurama episode when Bender teamed up with Beck (or at least Beck's head) to be a folk singer and that was one of the lyrics he wrote.

            And did Genesis ever rhyme "heart" with "apart" or "fire" with "desire?"

            - Jeff

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
              --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jeffoaster@...> wrote:

              > And did Genesis ever rhyme "heart" with "apart" or "fire"
              > with "desire?"

              Well, they did have a craptacular pop song called "Hearts on
              Fire". Close enough?