Wang Chung - Zappa fans

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2011
      So I'm listening to Wang Chung's "Warmer Side of Cool" album
      (hey, I found the CD at a flea market for $5) and at the
      beginning of the song "Swing" there's a clip of a young kid
      trying (not quite successfully) to quote Zappa's "jazz isn't
      dead, it just smells funny" line. Which made me do a web
      search for "Wang Chung Zappa" - it turned up an interview
      with Jack Hues where he says that his songwriting partner in
      Wang Chung, Nick Feldman, was a big Zappa fan.

      Who would have guessed?

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2011
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

        > Which made me do a web
        > search for "Wang Chung Zappa" - it turned up an interview
        > with Jack Hues where he says that his songwriting partner in
        > Wang Chung, Nick Feldman, was a big Zappa fan.

        I also found this interview:

        http://popdose.com/the-popdose-interview-jack-hues/#

        About half-way down the page he talks about working with Tony
        Banks on the Strictly Inc album (which, like the interviewer,
        I've never heard because it wasn't released in the US). It's
        kind of funny how the guy who wrote "Everybody Have Fun
        Tonight" makes a point of mentioning he only likes the *early*
        Genesis albums. Apparently Hues is a closet prog fan. I knew
        there was a reason I liked Wang Chung.