Re: Digest Number 66

  • Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 1998
      >Is the ProgandOther still out there? Haven't seen
      >any posts in a while.

      Yeah, it's still here, but no one's been posting. I've been
      meaning to do a review of the A Piedi Nudi CDs I bought at
      ProgDay, but got caught up in another project (nothing to do
      with prog - it's a transcript of a presentation made by two
      guys from Mystery Science Theater. If anyone's interested,
      I can post the URL when it's done) which has sucked up all
      my time lately.

      >You guys are a great source of music advice and
      >commentary. Frankly, I miss you, wherever you are.

      Yeah, I've been hoping to see some posts too. Surely someone
      must have bought some good prog lately that they'd like to
      tell us all about...

      BTW, once December rolls around, I was thinking of doing a
      "Best of '98" poll to see what the ProgAndOther list considers
      the best new albums and rereleases of '98. I don't know if
      I'll have time to do it though. Anyone else interested in
      running such a poll?

      -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
    • Stevesly@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 1998

        <<
        BTW, once December rolls around, I was thinking of doing a
        "Best of '98" poll to see what the ProgAndOther list considers
        the best new albums and rereleases of '98. I don't know if
        I'll have time to do it though. Anyone else interested in
        running such a poll? >>

        Bob,

        I would be willing to do it. I did the POTSW album poll 2 years ago, and the
        live shows poll the last 2 years (if I remember right you did the album poll
        last year?). Anyway, do you want to do a 2 seperate poll's for POTSW and
        ProgAndOther or combine them?
        I figured I would wait until after the first of December to get things
        rolling.

        BTW Bob, I picked up Thinking Plague's "In Extremis" album. (they are the
        first band confirmed to Progday next year), and I think they are right up your
        alley. I like it ok, but well you know my taste..........but I think they
        would be a band you would really dig.

        Steve Sly
        (Now playing Dream Theater - Once In A Livetime)