Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Keneally/Beller at Orion

  • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)
    Message 1 of 9 , May 13, 2010
      Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Keneally/Beller at Orion Oh, that made me think of another question. Did Mike Potter do any recording of the bands? I want to think that there’s some bits from Orion on MK’s Guitar Therapy album, but I can’t remember.

      -scott

      On 5/13/10 4:45 AM, "biceeichler" <eichler2@...> wrote:

      --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ProgAndOther%40yahoogroups.com> , "Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)" <scott.d.storey@...> wrote:

      > 19 On keys, Mike on band intros (0:52)

      When Keneally was doing the band intros, for each guy
      he would name the wrong instrument and then the right
      one, like "On drums, Bryan Bellar on bass".  For Griff
      Peters, he played a little keyboard run and then said
      "Oh, that can only be Griff Peters on guitar".  It
      occured to me afterwards that he was intentionally
      screwing with people who would listen to recordings
      of the show later...

      Message 2 of 9 , May 14, 2010
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)" <scott.d.storey@...> wrote:

        > Oh, that made me think of another question. Did Mike Potter do
        > any recording of the bands?

        Yes, he definitely recorded the show. I heard him before Beller's
        set telling the band that he had already started the recording
        gear. I think he was trying to encourage them to get started,
        because it was supposed to be an early show (since it was Sunday)
        and at 7:45 they still hadn't shown any sign of heading towards
        the stage...

        Another detail - for some reason the band had Bill Plummer of
        Oblivion Sun run the soundboard. Normally Mike Potter does that.
        I don't know why Bill did it for this show.

        -- Bob
      • progluvr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14, 2010
          In a message dated 5/14/2010 5:49:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eichler2@... writes:
          Another detail - for some reason the band had Bill Plummer of
          Oblivion Sun run the soundboard. Normally Mike Potter does that.
          I don't know why Bill did it for this show.

          -- Bob

          Bill does a great job and sometimes gives Mike a 'break' so that Mike can actually enjoy the show.  Not sure if this is the exact reason for this particular show, but he has done that in the past.  Maybe one of them can clarify for us.  : )

          Deb S.
          The Prog-Rock Diner Mondays 5-7pm EST
          www.fcac.org/webr
          www.progrockdiner.com