Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Asia, WTF????

  • sdavmor
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2010
      On 03/31/2010 12:36 PM, sergeent@... wrote:

      > What makes you think John Payne isn't a good guy? Do you know him
      > personally?

      I'm not knocking John Payne, and I do think he's a good guy. John (and
      Geoff) and my cousin David are drinking/soccer watching buddies when
      John is here in SoCal. One of these holidays John will no doubt be
      over at my house if he has nowhere else to be. But I don't know him
      personally in the same way David does, other than to shake his hand,
      say hi, and buy him a pint once.

      > Remember that there are always two sides to the story and I think
      > we should give him the benefit of the doubt. He is just trying to
      > earn a living in this business and it's really tough out there
      > right now.

      er...yeah. That's pretty much what I said. I think you're looking
      through the wrong end of the telescope completely.

      http://mikedickson.org.uk
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "T. J. Higgins " <tjhiggin@...> wrote:

        > Sued the brother and won. Wikipedia has the story:
        > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallagher_(comedian)#The_.E2.80.9CGallagher_Too.2FTwo.E2.80.9D_controversy>

        Thanks for that link. I always wondered what the story was there.

        That Gallagher (the famous one) must be a piece of work. Sounds
        like his family practically disowned him for sueing his brother
        (although I can see his side of it).

        I know the Mystery Science Theater guys never liked Gallagher and
        frequently made fun of him. I did a Google search and found this
        interview with Joel Hodgeson that explains why:

        http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38901

        I was particulaly interested in the last answer - I didn't know
        Joel had talked with Frank Zappa about the frequent Zappa
        references on MST3K. Interesting.

        -- Bob

        PS Happy Fool's Day!
      • sdavmor
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
          On 04/01/2010 03:56 PM, biceeichler wrote:

          > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "T. J. Higgins "<tjhiggin@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Sued the brother and won. Wikipedia has the story:
          >> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallagher_(comedian)#The_.E2.80.9CGallagher_Too.2FTwo.E2.80.9D_controversy>
          >

          > Thanks for that link. I always wondered what the story was there.
          >
          > That Gallagher (the famous one) must be a piece of work. Sounds
          > like his family practically disowned him for sueing his brother
          > (although I can see his side of it).
          >
          > I know the Mystery Science Theater guys never liked Gallagher and
          > frequently made fun of him. I did a Google search and found this
          > interview with Joel Hodgeson that explains why:
          >
          > http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38901
          >
          > I was particulaly interested in the last answer - I didn't know
          > Joel had talked with Frank Zappa about the frequent Zappa
          > references on MST3K. Interesting.
          >
          > -- Bob
          >
          > PS Happy Fool's Day!

          Or what about the in-fighting and lawsuits in the Bachman family and
          other band-members of BTO relating to the touring and/or recording as
          Bachman-Turner Overdrive? I imagine holiday family get-togethers must
          be a barrel-load of fun! Hence Randy Bachman and Fred Turner on tour
          without Blair Thornton or either of the other two Bachman brothers as
          Bachman-Turner (sans overdrive).
          http://mikedickson.org.uk