Re: [ProgAndOther] My overlong ProgDay '09 post

  • progholio@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
      <---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "biceeichler" <eichler2@...>
      To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ProgAndOther] My overlong ProgDay '09 post
      Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:44:56 -0000

      The last band on Saturday was La Maschera Di Cera.
      Bassist Fabio Zuffanti (who now looks like a dead ringer for the
      actor Kevin Kline)>

      Connie and i had the same thought, "A Fish Called Wanda" era Kevin Kline.

      rich

      Doctorate Degrees Online
      Boost your career with an online doctoral degree. Enroll today!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=1cV38kLv2T1Ga9nQSJc8TgAAJz1nJAUxtLm0xQOfmqGOOwj4AAQAAAAFAAAAADMzkz4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADI5AAAAAA==
    • Jared Levin [ICG-MKTS]
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
        >The last band on Saturday was La Maschera Di Cera.
        >Bassist Fabio Zuffanti (who now looks like a dead ringer for the
        >actor Kevin Kline)

        That's exactly what I thought too - I told my wife that last night!

        The information contained in this message and any attachments (the "Message") is intended for specific individual(s), and may be confidential or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this Message and do not disclose. Messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain Messages.
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
          In a message dated 9/8/2009 12:45:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eichler2@... writes:

          It is not so much the budget as it is that we have an 8:00PM curfew on the venue, so renting lights for just the last 30 minutes or so of the day is really not practical.  Unfortunately the Ozrics had some equipment problems with one of Ed's guitars (they ended up using Jimmy Robinson's acoustic) and they got started a little bit late.  It also is amazing how much the difference of a week can make in how early it gets dark.  Labor Day being a week later this year cut into about 15 minutes of daylight.

          Great review by the way!

          Steve Sly
          ProgDay 2009
          By the time the Ozrics finished playing, it was getting dark.
          Unfortunately ProgDay's budget doesn't allow for a lighting rig,

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
            --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, stevesly@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 9/8/2009 12:45:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > eichler2@... writes:
            >
            > It is not so much the budget as it is that we have an 8:00PM
            > curfew on the venue, so renting lights for just the last 30
            > minutes or so of the day is really not practical.

            Ah, I always thought it was a cost thing. I actually kind of
            like the 8pm curfew - more time to party after the show. :-)

            > Unfortunately the Ozrics had some equipment problems
            > with one of Ed's guitars (they ended up using Jimmy Robinson's
            > acoustic) and they got started a little bit late.

            Oh yeah, I forgot about that. After he did some amazing playing
            with it, Brandi asked how he liked the guitar and he made some
            cryptic comment about slicing cheese with it or something like
            that...

            > It also is amazing how much the difference of a week can make in
            > how early it gets dark. Labor Day being a
            > week later this year cut into about 15 minutes of daylight.

            Yeah, it did seem to get dark awfully early. Driving home on
            Monday I had to turn the car lights on around 6:45 and I still
            had a couple hundred miles to drive. That sucked, because I'm
            half blind in the dark.

            On the plus side, having ProgDay a week later than normal probably
            knocked a few degrees off the thermometer. And didn't a hurricane
            just blow through there last week?

            > Great review by the way!

            Thanks.

            -- Bob
          • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2009
              Yummm, biscuits :o)

              Thanks Rich, you gave me my first and biggest laugh of the day! Biscuitville NC.

              -scott

              On 9/8/09 4:03 PM, "progholio@..." <progholio@...> wrote:

              <So Rich and Phil - how did you guys feel Monday (we were the last
              survivors of the Sunday night party, which finally broke up around
              4:30 in the morning because I couldn't keep my eyes open any more).>

              Well Bob, since you asked - like absolute hell, but around 11 am we made the trip to Biscuitville and it put everything right. While finishing up my sausage and egg biscuit i get a phone call from my mom, she asked "are you still in North Carolina" and i answer "well, right now we're in Biscuitville" and she says "ohh, that's nice, how's the weather?".
              Upon leaving the restaurant we run into Phil and Danny, erupted in chuckles all over again, the whole thing was a pretty surrealistic e xperience.

              rich