Re: [ProgAndOther] My overlong ProgDay '09 post

  • progholio@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009

      ---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "biceeichler" <eichler2@...>
      To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ProgAndOther] My overlong ProgDay '09 post
      Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:44:56 -0000

      (originally posted to rec.music.progressive)

      <"I f**king hate 'prog rock', and here's why..."
      - spoken at the Sunday night post-ProgDay pool party by a
      drummer who has "a successful prog career">

      That along with "Dark Side of the Moon is the worst f*%king piece of sh*t album ever...." made for some memorable post-fest discussions alright.

      <Who was it who kept talking about Biscuitville at the Sunday night
      party? I saw one as I was driving home on Monday and just had to
      stop in and try a bacon, egg and chese biscuit. It was...OK. I
      don't know that I'd go on at great lengths about the place at a
      party though. ;-)>

      I think that one got started when Phil heard me mention Biscuitville, the guy went nuts and convinced us that we had to try it, i don't know what it was (probably alcohol) but he had Connie and me in tears (laughing that is) the way he was so passionately talking about the place.

      <So Rich and Phil - how did you guys feel Monday (we were the last
      survivors of the Sunday night party, which finally broke up around
      4:30 in the morning because I couldn't keep my eyes open any more).>

      Well Bob, since you asked - like absolute hell, but around 11 am we made the trip to Biscuitville and it put everything right. While finishing up my sausage and egg biscuit i get a phone call from my mom, she asked "are you still in North Carolina" and i answer "well, right now we're in Biscuitville" and she says "ohh, that's nice, how's the weather?".
      Upon leaving the restaurant we run into Phil and Danny, erupted in chuckles all over again, the whole thing was a pretty surrealistic experience.

      rich

      Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!

    • progholio@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
          >The last band on Saturday was La Maschera Di Cera.
          >Bassist Fabio Zuffanti (who now looks like a dead ringer for the
          >actor Kevin Kline)

          That's exactly what I thought too - I told my wife that last night!

          The information contained in this message and any attachments (the "Message") is intended for specific individual(s), and may be confidential or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this Message and do not disclose. Messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain Messages.
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
            In a message dated 9/8/2009 12:45:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eichler2@... writes:

            It is not so much the budget as it is that we have an 8:00PM curfew on the venue, so renting lights for just the last 30 minutes or so of the day is really not practical.  Unfortunately the Ozrics had some equipment problems with one of Ed's guitars (they ended up using Jimmy Robinson's acoustic) and they got started a little bit late.  It also is amazing how much the difference of a week can make in how early it gets dark.  Labor Day being a week later this year cut into about 15 minutes of daylight.

            Great review by the way!

            Steve Sly
            ProgDay 2009
            By the time the Ozrics finished playing, it was getting dark.
            Unfortunately ProgDay's budget doesn't allow for a lighting rig,

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2009
              --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, stevesly@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 9/8/2009 12:45:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              > eichler2@... writes:
              >
              > It is not so much the budget as it is that we have an 8:00PM
              > curfew on the venue, so renting lights for just the last 30
              > minutes or so of the day is really not practical.

              Ah, I always thought it was a cost thing. I actually kind of
              like the 8pm curfew - more time to party after the show. :-)

              > Unfortunately the Ozrics had some equipment problems
              > with one of Ed's guitars (they ended up using Jimmy Robinson's
              > acoustic) and they got started a little bit late.

              Oh yeah, I forgot about that. After he did some amazing playing
              with it, Brandi asked how he liked the guitar and he made some
              cryptic comment about slicing cheese with it or something like
              that...

              > It also is amazing how much the difference of a week can make in
              > how early it gets dark. Labor Day being a
              > week later this year cut into about 15 minutes of daylight.

              Yeah, it did seem to get dark awfully early. Driving home on
              Monday I had to turn the car lights on around 6:45 and I still
              had a couple hundred miles to drive. That sucked, because I'm
              half blind in the dark.

              On the plus side, having ProgDay a week later than normal probably
              knocked a few degrees off the thermometer. And didn't a hurricane
              just blow through there last week?

              > Great review by the way!

              Thanks.

              -- Bob