Mel

  • Mike Visaggio
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2009
      I just want to publicly thank Frank Stickle for (a) bringing the Mellotron down
      to us for use on Powered by Light yesterday, and (2) saying so many incredibly
      nice and confidence-building things about us in the studio and on Myspace.

      Frank is a true gentleman and also has a keen ear and it was great to have him
      there to coach me on how to properly play the instrument. It was my first time
      playing one, and the odd feel of the keys took some getting used to, but Frank
      not only helped me get my playing even, he also made some excellent suggestions
      about actual figures which when tried, worked. It also brought out the
      orchestration instincts of my guitarist Todd Russell who began calling on his
      musical Ph.D. education to help me really turn the Tron into some orchestral
      magic.

      I am very excited about how Powered by Light is sounding. Now comes the vocals,
      always an adventure, tomorrow and Sunday.

      Thank you Frank! And thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in this crazy
      prog band in Richmond.

      Mike Visaggio
      www.myspace.com/kineticelement