Re: [ProgAndOther] Joe Bonamassa

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009
      In a message dated 2/13/2009 10:42:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, scott.d.storey@... writes:

      Say what asshole? :-)

      In Joe's case I am unabashedly enthusiastic.  I listen to a lot of blues and Joe is really top of the line.........and he is good at what he does :-)

      Seriously you need to check him out.  He has a brand new album that is either just out or coming out soon.  I am hoping he does a full U.S. tour this time around.  You had mentioned checking out "Sloe Jin" and I think that is a great place to start.  Bonamassa gets my highest recommendation.

      I don't know if Dutchrocker is still a member here (are you out there Doug?), but he is another Bonamassa convert who will back up my pontification.

      Steve Sly
      ProgDay 2009
      If Stevie had started out with "well Joe is good at what he does..." I'd just have to skip him ;o)

      I can hear Steve saying "asshole" all the way down to TN.

      -db

    • Doug DeHaan
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009
        Joe rocks!

        The first time I saw Joe live, he played Steve Howe's The Clap. He played it "normal" speed first and then played it a second time through double speed. He's been playing guitar since he was like four years old. I think his father owned a guitar shop.

        His new album "The Ballad of John Henry" comes out on 24 Feb. You may order from his website (link below) for $13.99 w/ free shipping.

        http://www.jbonamassa.com/jbstore/index.php?p=home

        Best,
        Doug

        > In a message dated 2/13/2009 10:42:39 P.M. Eastern Standard
        > Time,
        > scott.d.storey@... writes:
        >
        > Say what asshole? :-)
        >
        > In Joe's case I am unabashedly enthusiastic. I listen
        > to a lot of blues and
        > Joe is really top of the line.........and he is good at
        > what he does :-)
        >
        > Seriously you need to check him out. He has a brand new
        > album that is
        > either just out or coming out soon. I am hoping he does a
        > full U.S. tour this
        > time around. You had mentioned checking out "Sloe
        > Jin" and I think that is a
        > great place to start. Bonamassa gets my highest
        > recommendation.
        >
        > I don't know if Dutchrocker is still a member here
        > (are you out there
        > Doug?), but he is another Bonamassa convert who will back
        > up my pontification.
        >
        > Steve Sly
        > ProgDay 2009
        > _http://www.progday.com_ (http://www.progday.com)
        >
        > If Stevie had started out with "well Joe is good at
        > what he does..." I'd
        > just have to skip him ;o)
        >
        > I can hear Steve saying "asshole" all the way
        > down to TN.
        >
        > -db
        >

        > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See
        > yours in just 2 easy
        > steps!
        > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
        > bemailfooterNO62)
      • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009

          :o)

          Say no more. Put my order in for New Day Yesterday (if only for the nod to Tull) and Sloe Gin. Now all I gotta do is wait :o(

          -scott

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009

            if any here are members of dimeadozen...there's more than a couple bonamassa shows available:

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009
              On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 05:51:39PM -0500, stevesly@... wrote:

              > Here is a great clip of Joe doing his take on Tull:
              > _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBrLKFoTPo_
              >
              > Here is Joe jamming on some Yes;
              > _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC6yD3E8Sf0_
              >
              > Here is Joe doing Sloe Jin:
              > _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CypUExORmig_

              Hot. Fucking. Damn.

              T.J.
            • Storey, Scott D. (MSFC-IS20)
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009

                I didn't mention that I also bought the first two Roxy Music albums and a Rory Gallagher on RockPalast DVD while I was at it. I don't have any Roxy with Eno in the band so that was long overdue. Rory is one of me guitar heroes and one of Bonamassa's too as he said in an interview I heard. Another reason I figured I needed some JB albums.

                -scott

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009

                  Bite the bullet Rich. You've got plenty of money ;o)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 14, 2009

                    I just got back from a business trip to florida, i don't know what it is but Rory Gallagher is my go to guy for travelling tunes, got the rental car and cranked the hell out of Calling Card. I think one of my favorite disc of Mr G's is Irish Tour, holy crap it smokes.

                    rich

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 15, 2009
                      Re: [ProgAndOther] Joe Bonamassa Hey Dutch, good to see that you’re still around. Say hello to the Mrs..

                      You and Steve can just kiss my foot with all this “when I saw him live” stuff. Just rub it in why don’t ya.

                      Thanks for the tip for selling in his web site. I went to Amazon to order, I’ll check his site from now on.

                      -scott