Lazuli to headline Rosfest

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      I was tempted to put a question mark at the end of this headline since
      I have only recently even heard of Lazuli. I guess they have some sort
      of fanbase(maybe one outside of prog circles)otherwise they wouldn't be
      headlining. Anyway, I just saw this on the Rosfest website. They are
      headlining on Saturday. I'm sure some of you are familiar with Lazuli.
      Can you tell me more about them? What do they sound like, what style
      etc.
    • progluvr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        In a message dated 10/1/2008 8:44:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mike_j413@... writes:
        I was tempted to put a question mark at the end of this headline since
        I have only recently even heard of Lazuli. I guess they have some sort
        of fanbase(maybe one outside of prog circles)otherwise they wouldn't be
        headlining. Anyway, I just saw this on the Rosfest website. They are
        headlining on Saturday. I'm sure some of you are familiar with Lazuli.
        Can you tell me more about them? What do they sound like, what style
        etc.

        I saw them at BajaProg and I wasn't familiar with them until then.  Their show was simply wonderful...they do sing in French, their music is beautiful, atmospheric and unusual.  Some very interesting instrumentation as well including a special synth guitar like instrument made by the guitar player when he lost some of his ability in a motorcycle accident.  This instrument has a unique sound (though I think it's been copied now).

        Hard to describe as they were unlike any other band I had seen until then.  I think they will appeal to a wide audience of tastes.  Check them out...some of their samples.  Their release En Avant Doute also contains an excellent DVD of their performance and is well worth getting.  That's my opinion anyway!

        Deb S.
        "The Prog-Rock Diner" Mondays 5-7pm EST
        www.fcac.org/webr
        www.progrockdiner.com
        ProgDay! www.progday.com

      • John Diliberto
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          A few interesting things on Echoes this week.
          Tonight, October 2, an Interview with Lights Out Asia, a Milwaukee band practicing and ambient rock sound.  Fans of Ulrich Schnauss should love this group.
          And several things on the Echoes Blog including a tribute to Music from the Hearts of Space on their 25
          th Anniversary and a profile of Sumner McKane.  If you're into things like Lanterna and Japancakes, you'll love his take on ambient Americana.  His new album, What A Great Place to Be is the Echoes CD of the Month for October and will be featured on Monday, Oct. 6.  You can hear his music in a audio version of the blog.
          And finally, Echoes celebrates 19 years this Friday, October 3
          More info and blogs at www.echoes.org

          John Diliberto
          Senior Producer/Host
          (((echoes)))
          Read the Echoes Blog
          Hear Echoes 24/7,  Echoes Interview Podcast, myspace.com/echoesspace
          http://www.echoes.org
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
            I'm listening to the "lights out asia" special right now John. I
            listen to your show pretty much everynight anyway but thanks for the
            heads up. Tell them it's ok to like Enya. Lol.

            I actually have corresponded with you a few times over the past
            couple of months(re: Jade Warrior and Karda Estra). Good to see you
            on here. I guess it's a small "esoteric" music world.