Flood relief Video/Music

  • progluvr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hi all, this week on my show I did play once again a song that was written by Merrell Fankhauser (from the band 'MU') that is being sold with proceeds going to flood relief. I feel that musically it's a pretty basic song (catchy, more rock than prog) but it has a message that I'm sure many are thinking. I'll see if I can get the actual link here, but you can go to www.youtube.com and type in Merrell Fankhauser Higher Ground in the search area and it should come right up. The CD can be ordered by sending $5.00 to DWM Music, 3 Bedford Ct. Iowa City, IA 52240

      Also, I've been playing the 2 CD set, After The Storm, that NEARfest Records put out a few years ago in response to Hurricane Katrina (still a lot of people suffering from that). Lots of great prog bands donated their music to it and I'm quite sure there are still a bunch left. Check with NEARfest Records for it.

      These are trying times for many of us economically, but if you can afford to purchase any of these items...think of those who really have lost *everything* in these disasters and contribute if you can.

      Deb S.
      "The Prog-Rock Diner"
      www.fcac.org/webr Mondays 5-7pm EST
      www.progrockdiner.com