Punk Jazz

  • progholio@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30 6:15 PM

      Years ago Jaco had a tune called Punk Jazz, i thought is was a little strange because at the time it seemed a bit of a contradiction of terms.
      Now i sit here saying to myself "now i get it" as i listen to the cd by John Zorn and Naked City called Radio (actually i "got it" years ago when i first listened to the original Naked City but sometimes i forget these things). Damn, i love this stuff.

      rich

      Save on Moving Supplies. Click Here!

    • timroache@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31 8:23 AM
         Check out Marc Ribot as well, particularly his "Prosthetic Cubans" CD. There are also great clips of him on YouTube playing w/ Plant & Krause.

        -Tim

        np - Steve Tibbetts - Exploded View

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31 12:20 PM

          Hey Tim, thanks for the tip. I have that Muy Divertido! cd around somewhere which means i need to listen to it.

          I was very sad that i missed the local Plant/Krause show, it was the night before we left for NFest- couldn't make it work. It must have been some show with Ribot and T-Bone along for the ride.

          rich- np - an ocsillating fan

          On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at  8:15 PM, progholio@juno. com wrote:

          Years ago Jaco had a tune called Punk Jazz, i thought is was a little strange because at the time it seemed a bit of a contradiction of terms.
          Now i sit here saying to myself "now i get it" as i listen to the cd by John Zorn and Naked City called Radio (actually i "got it" years ago when i first listened to the original Naked City but sometimes i forget these things). Damn, i love this stuff.
          rich

          Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.

        • timroache@verizon.net

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31 12:26 PM
              Hey Rich - you didn't miss it! Plant and Krause rescheduled their St. Louis
              date for September at the Fox. I am really looking forward to it.

              --
              Have fun!

              Roy DeRousse
            • progholio@juno.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31 12:50 PM

                Wha wha what? I had no idea.
                Thanks Roy, i needed that.

                progholio@... wrote:

                > Hey Tim, thanks for the tip. I have that Muy Divertido! cd around
                > somewhere which means i need to listen to it.
                >
                > I was very sad that i missed the local Plant/Krause show, it was the
                > night before we left for NFest- couldn't make it work. It must have been
                > some show with Ribot and T-Bone along for the ride.
                >
                > rich- np - an ocsillating fan
                >
                > -- timroache@... wrote:
                >
                >  Check out Marc Ribot as well, particularly his "Prosthetic Cubans" CD.
                > There are also great clips of him on YouTube playing w/ Plant & Krause.
                >
                > -Tim
                >
                > np - Steve Tibbetts - Exploded View

                --
                Have fun!

                Roy DeRousse

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:ProgAndOther-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   mailto:ProgAndOther-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Click here for huge discounts on tradeshow supplies.