Re: [ProgAndOther] Distinguished Panel of Experts

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 1:17 PM
      I don' t have a clue and have nothing about this project other than what you have posted here.

      Steve Sly
      ProgDay 2008
      http://www.progday.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2010
        Has anyone else heard of the Distinguished Panel of Experts
        "Trans-indulgent" CD? The band is a "supergroup" comprised
        of Mike Sary and Chris Vincent from French TV, Shawn Persinger
        from Boud Deun and Guy LeBlanc from Nathan Mahl. I had heard
        rumors a couple years ago that they were working together, but
        I didn't know they had released a CD until I saw it on
        Persinger's merchandise table at the Orion show last weekend.

        It's a good disc, but it's kind of over-the-top. It reminds
        me of the Liquid Tension Experiment albums a bit, only not as
        heavy and metallic. Shawn Persinger, being the kind of guy he
        is, told me flat-out that he didn't like the album. But I
        bought it anyway.

        BTW, the Orion show was great. Persinger played in a new
        version of his band Prester John, this time as a duet with a
        mandolin player. Good stuff. They encored with "21st Century
        Schitzoid Man", which was...interesting. It was good to see
        Jack Dupon again too, now that I've had some time to digest
        their CD.