Distinguished Panel of Experts

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2008
      Has anyone heard anything about a prog "supergroup" called
      Distinguished Panel of Experts? I had some time to kill at the end
      of the workday today, so I was browsing some prog-rock related web
      sites and I stumbled on an entry in the GEPR (Gibraltar Encyclopedia
      of Prog Rock) for this band. The entry is from June of last year,
      and doesn't list any albums, which makes me wonder if it wasn't just
      a pipe dream.

      The band supposedly features Shawn Persinger of Boud Deun on guitar
      (they had me right there, but wait, there's more...), the rhythm
      section of French TV (Mike Sary on bass and Chris Vincent on drums)
      and Guy LeBlanc of Nathan Mahl on keys (!) Man, I'd give my right
      arm to hear that band. Or at least $15 for a CD.

      I'm just curious if anyone else had heard anything about this. I
      used to be on Persinger's mailing list (when I switched to Comcast I
      forgot to sign back up under my new account), but this was the first
      I've heard about this band. If this is for real, they'd make a great
      band for ProgDay, IMHO.

      http://www.gepr.net/di.html#DPANELOFEXPERTS

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        I don' t have a clue and have nothing about this project other than what you have posted here.

        Steve Sly
        ProgDay 2008
        http://www.progday.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2010
          Has anyone else heard of the Distinguished Panel of Experts
          "Trans-indulgent" CD? The band is a "supergroup" comprised
          of Mike Sary and Chris Vincent from French TV, Shawn Persinger
          from Boud Deun and Guy LeBlanc from Nathan Mahl. I had heard
          rumors a couple years ago that they were working together, but
          I didn't know they had released a CD until I saw it on
          Persinger's merchandise table at the Orion show last weekend.

          It's a good disc, but it's kind of over-the-top. It reminds
          me of the Liquid Tension Experiment albums a bit, only not as
          heavy and metallic. Shawn Persinger, being the kind of guy he
          is, told me flat-out that he didn't like the album. But I
          bought it anyway.

          BTW, the Orion show was great. Persinger played in a new
          version of his band Prester John, this time as a duet with a
          mandolin player. Good stuff. They encored with "21st Century
          Schitzoid Man", which was...interesting. It was good to see
          Jack Dupon again too, now that I've had some time to digest
          their CD.