Ana Popovic

  • T. J. Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
      I see that Ana Popovic will be touring the USA this summer.
      If you have any interest at all in the blues, you need to
      check her out. Steve Sly, this means you! She played our
      local music fest last year and just blew me away. I'm still
      trying to figure out how a woman from Serbia learned to play
      like she was straight out of the delta. She's easy on the
      eyes, too, but that is beside the point. Close your eyes and
      listen to her make that guitar wail.

      www.anapopovic.com

      T.J.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
        I see she is going to be in Detroit in June, but that is right after NEARfest, so not sure I could make that one.  I do want to try to catch her some time.  Blues is really big around here so I would guess she would come back through west Michigan eventually

        Steve Sly
        ProgDay 2008

        The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.
      • Robert Marone
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
          pretty nice stuff.
          she kin play!

          i'm now imagining a group consisting of:

          ana popovic - guitars
          rachel z - keys
          sheila gonzalez - sax, keys, vox
          tal wilkenfeld - bass
          terry lynn carrington - drums

          i know i'd buy a ticket!

          ;-)
          bony
          np:gentle giant - same
        • progholio@juno.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008

            While you guys are on the subject of bluesier chicks on tour, i would highly recommend Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings. They are currently selling out small clubs, go see them while you can say "i saw them back when..."
            Prepare to have your minds blown. Check them out on Yootoob

            rich

            -- stevesly@... wrote:

            I see she is going to be in Detroit in June, but that is right after NEARfest, so not sure I could make that one.  I do want to try to catch her some time.  Blues is really big around here so I would guess she would come back through west Michigan eventually

            Steve Sly
            ProgDay 2008

            The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

            Click here for financial aid options. Quick and Easy.