Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: ProgDay bands Oblivion Sun and Naikaku now up on Trader's Den

  • Noah Lesgold
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
      On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, biceeichler wrote:

      >> Naikaku now downloading.
      >
      > Is it actually downloading? My uTorrent is reporting that 5 peers are
      > trying to get it, but it doesn't look like it's sending any of Naikaku
      > out to anyone. The Oblivion Sun is still uploading away.

      BitTorrent says I'm getting it at around 15-18 KB/s, for what it's
      worth.

      Thanks for the OS info.

      --
      Noah Lesgold nlesgold@... AIM: nlesgold

      The preceding program contained violent scenes of a graphic nature. Time
      travellers of a nervous disposition may wish to consider listening to
      something else for the past half-hour.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, Noah Lesgold <nlesgold@...>
        wrote:

        > On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, biceeichler wrote:
        >
        > >> Naikaku now downloading.
        > >
        > > Is it actually downloading?
        >
        > BitTorrent says I'm getting it at around 15-18 KB/s, for what it's
        > worth.

        Yeah, now that demand for the OS torrent is starting to slow
        down, I can see uTorrent shifting more of the bandwidth to the
        Naikaku torrent. It's still about a 3-1 ratio though (with
        the OS torrent getting 3 times the bandwidth the Naikakau one
        is getting). I wonder if there's any way I can configure that.

        I'll have to look into that more tomorrow. Time for bed.

        -- Bob, having more fun with the internet than I have in a long time
      • Roy DeRousse
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
          Noah Lesgold wrote:
          > Incidentally, can anyone recommend a good flac->mp3 program for windows?
          > I don't have the disc space for lots of concerts in lossless format, and
          > I don't really plan on burning these to audio CD.

          I think that Winamp will do it for you. I think you define some input and/or
          output filters and then start to "play" the files. Haven't used Winamp in a
          while, so I'm not positive.

          My audio cataloger / ripper / converter / player of choice is Media Monkey.
          It does everything that I need, and it keeps all of the info in an Access
          database, so I can even do things that aren't designed into the product. (It
          also lets you extend its functionality by writing some plugin scripts.)

          http://www.mediamonkey.com/

          --
          Have fun!

          Roy DeRousse