Re: [ProgAndOther] The H's Continued / Start Of The I's.........

    Message 1 of 15 , May 18, 2007
      Scott,

      Knowing your taste, you should pick up the live Indigenous album.  It blows their studio stuff away.

      Steve Sly
      ProgDay 2007
      http://www.progday.com

      Message 2 of 15 , May 21, 2007
        Re: [ProgAndOther] The H's Continued / Start Of The I's......... Yeah, I bet you’re right. It’s on my list of things to buy. I couldn’t remember the name of the album that I do have. It’s cleverly titled “Indigenous”. That’s probably why I forgot it. I like it a lot. If their live stuff is better than this studio album, then I have to have it!

        BTW, you mentioned Glenn Hughes as well. His recent one, “Music for the Divine” is really good. It has the same band lineup as “Soul Mover”. They recorded in Chad Smith’s house.

        So many albums, so little money and time.

        -scott
        -np – nothing now, but got in to new stuff by Tori Amos, Porcupine Tree, and Marillion over the weekend

        Message 3 of 15 , May 22, 2007
          I have been meaning to check out "Music For The Divine".  I was really not all that aware of Hughs until the last few years.  He is really a talented guy.

          Steve

          I’ve got all of them except House of Usher and the Indigenous albums. I do have one different album by them though, cant remember the title. IMO, Steve was dead on with the reviews.

          scott

        • T. J. Higgins
          Message 4 of 15 , May 23, 2007
            High Wheel There (1996)
            Glenn Hughes Soul Mover (2005)
            Iluvatar Iluvatar (1993)
            A Story 2 Days Wide (1999)
            Indigenous Live at Pachyderm Studio (1999)

            T.J.

            On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 02:06:14AM -0400, stevesly@... wrote:
            > I'm curious.....which ones did you add?
            >
            > Steve Sly
            > ProgDay 2007

          • Scott Storey
            Message 5 of 15 , May 23, 2007
              Glenn Hughes I’ve been a fan since his Trapeze days back in the early 70s. I think I was 12 when I bought “You Are The Music...” I’ve got several albums by him, both solo and within a band. He released a blues album about 10 years ago that is among my favorite of his solo efforts. Let me know if you would like some recommendations.

              -scott

              Message 6 of 15 , May 23, 2007

                On May 23, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Scott Storey wrote:

                I’ve been a fan since his Trapeze days back in the early 70s. I think I was 12 when I bought “You Are The Music...” I’ve got several albums by him, both solo and within a band. He released a blues album about 10 years ago that is among my favorite of his solo efforts. Let me know if you would like some recommendations.

                The Mach-whatever Deep Purple lineup that produced 'Burn' and 'Stormbringer' - with him and David Coverdale - are absolutely smokin' recordings.

                Bobby Simons
                IM: patentdraw

              • Scott Storey

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 24, 2007
                    TJ wrote:

                    High Wheel There (1996)
                    Glenn Hughes Soul Mover (2005)
                    Iluvatar Iluvatar (1993)
                    A Story 2 Days Wide (1999)
                    Indigenous Live at Pachyderm Studio (1999)

                    All good ones.

                    Steve Sly
                    ProgDay 2007
                    (NP - Hawkwind - Hall Of The Mountain Grill)

                    See what's free at AOL.com.
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 24, 2007
                      Scott wrote:

                      >>I’ve been a fan since his Trapeze
                      days back in the early 70s. I think I was 12 when I bought “You Are The Music...” I’ve got several albums by him, both solo and within a band. He released a blues album about 10 years ago that is among my favorite of his solo efforts. Let me know if you would like some recommendations.<<

                      Which Purple albums did he appear on?  I have "Stormbringer" on vinyl and I think he was on "Burn" and "Come Taste The Band".  Any others?

                      Steve Sly
                      ProgDay 2007
                      http://www.progday.com

                      See what's free at AOL.com.
                    • Jeff Swanson
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 25, 2007

                        Hughes was on:

                        Deep Purple - Burn (1974)
                        Deep Purple - Live In London (1974)
                        Deep Purple - Stormbringer (1974)
                        Deep Purple - Made In Europe (1975)
                        Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band (1975) (with Tommy Bolin)
                        Deep Purple - Last Concert In Japan (1976)

                        ....and assorted bootlegs (official and otherwise). Perhaps I am stating the obvious here (I don't know how familiar you are with Glenn Hughes), but I think that the Hughes-Thrall (1982?) release is some of his best work, as well as Fused w/Iommi (2005).

                        Jeff

                        NP> Ozark Mountain Daredevils - It's Alive

                        >>I’ve been a fan since his Trapeze days back in the early 70s. I think I was 12 when I bought “You Are The Music...” I’ve got several albums by him, both solo and within a band. He released a blues album about 10 years ago that is among my favorite of his solo efforts. Let me know if you would like some recommendations.<<

                        Which Purple albums did he appear on?  I have "Stormbringer" on vinyl and I think he was on "Burn" and "Come Taste The Band".  Any others?

                        Steve Sly
                        ProgDay 2007
                        http://www.progday. com

                        See what's free at AOL.com.

                      • Storey, Scott D. (JSC-IT2)
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 27, 2007
                          Re: [ProgAndOther] Glenn Hughes

                          I don't know if the last one is the same that I have. Its titled Live In Tokyo. Its from the CTTB tour and really good.

                          Cheers!

                          -scott, from my hand-held

                                  See what's free at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503> .