Re: [ProgAndOther] Albums of the Years - LONG

  • Bobby Simons
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2006

      On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Storey, Scott D. (JSC-IT2) wrote:

      My collection is not computer cataloged yet... I'm about to buy some software for my Mac that will allow me to use its built in camera to scan the bar code and download the disc information, artist, title, release date and the like

      That sounds cool, Macs rule! Have you played with your GarageBand yet? It is beyond belief. Steve Jobs is God.

      Bobby Simons
      IM: patentdraw

    • Jon Byrne
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2006
        At 09:28 AM 12/19/2006, Bobby Simmons wrote:
        >That sounds cool, Macs rule! Have you played with your GarageBand
        >yet? It is beyond belief. Steve Jobs is God.

        For the infidels (i.e., PC users) among us, Sony's ACID Music Studio
        works equally well. I picked up a copy on a whim after I got my new
        PC back in April and with just my laptop and an inexpensice MIDI
        controller, I've had a heck of a lot of fun. Not that I produce
        anything meaningful (see for yourself -
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=500546&T=760138), but it's
        still a hoot.

        Jonathan Byrne
        Infinity Ranch: http://infinityranch.blogspot.com
        ----------------------
        "[y]ou are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
        - Time Bandits
        "Debbie, we're going to need some law books. With pictures this time."
        - Harvery Birdman, Attorney-at-Law
      • Bobby Simons
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 19, 2006

          On Dec 19, 2006, at 5:23 PM, Jon Byrne wrote:

          For the infidels (i.e., PC users) among us, Sony's ACID Music Studio
          works equally well. I picked up a copy on a whim after I got my new
          PC back in April and with just my laptop and an inexpensice MIDI
          controller, I've had a heck of a lot of fun. Not that I produce
          anything meaningful (see for yourself -
          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=500546&T=760138), but it's
          still a hoot.

          That's some nice stuff. I have a lot of Acid loops, but not the program. This is my GarageBand effort, a Ravel arrangement, that convinced me to pursue my Tomita project. If I've already posted this here, I've forgotten. . .
          It's all MIDI sequences, no loops or samples other than a gong, whatever makes up a software instrument, and the "boing!" bit. I'm guessing that in some parts there must be 50 tracks. This was recently included on a proggish Eddie Jobson tribute album, I was happy about that.
          Bobby Simons
          IM: patentdraw