Re: [ProgAndOther] Saw CirqDuSoleil Beatles Love In Vegas Last Week

  • RapIsEvilCulture@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2006
      I live here in Las Vegas and i have seen "Love" twice, great show, if going to be here you must see it!

      Russell
    • T. J. Higgins
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006
        On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 01:52:50AM -0500, stevesly@... wrote:
        > I happened to be in Vegas last week and saw this show. Everything I have seen CirqDuSoleil do has been fantastic and "Love" is no exception.
        >
        > I have now seen 4 Cirq shows ("Love", "Ka", "O", and "Mystere") and they were all incredible.

        Lisa and I just saw the "Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy" touring
        show here in Huntsville on Saturday. Amazing. The juggling
        frog character blew me away. I figure we saw the low-budget
        touring troupe; I can't imagine how good it must be at the
        permanent show in Vegas.

        T.J.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006
          I have never seen the touring version, but everything they do is such high quality that I am sure it is good.  Yea, the vegas shows are all incredible.  They basically build the theaters around the show, so the possibilities for staging are pretty much limitless.  Cirqu definitely uses that to their advantage.  The shows in Vegas are really expensive, but they are like nothing you will see anywhere else and I think they are worth it.

          Steve Sly
          ProgDay 2007

          > I happened to be in Vegas last week and saw this show. Everything I have seen CirqDuSoleil do has been fantastic and "Love" is no exception.
          >
          > I have now seen 4 Cirq shows ("Love", "Ka", "O", and "Mystere") and they were all incredible.

          Lisa and I just saw the "Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy" touring
          show here in Huntsville on Saturday. Amazing. The juggling
          frog character blew me away. I figure we saw the low-budget
          touring troupe; I can't imagine how good it must be at the
          permanent show in Vegas.

          T.J.

        • Scott Orth
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
            I saw Ka in Vegas.  It was really good.  Blew away the touring troupe that had come through Baltimore.  Dralion I think.

            Anyway, if you're in Vegas, don't miss the Blue Man Group.  The band and music is really proggy and is by far my favorite show in town to date.

            Scott

          • RapIsEvilCulture@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
              In a message dated 11/28/2006 7:07:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, sdorth@... writes:

              I saw Ka in Vegas.  It was really good.  Blew away the touring troupe that had come through Baltimore.  Dralion I think.

              Anyway, if you're in Vegas, don't miss the Blue Man Group.  The band and music is really proggy and is by far my favorite show in town to date.

              i live here in Vegas and i have also seen Blue Man Group, yes a great show. I have also seen Mamma Mia. Blue Man, Love and Mamma Mia all get my highest recommendation.

              Russell
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
                Scott wrote:

                >>Anyway, if you're in Vegas, don't miss the Blue Man Group.
                The band and music is really proggy and is by far my favorite show in town to date.<<

                I've seen Blue Man in Vegas too and I agree it is really good.

                Steve Sly
                ProgDay 2007
                (NP - The Who - Endless Wire)
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
                  Russell wrote:

                  >> I have also seen Mamma Mia. Blue Man, Love and Mamma Mia all get my highest recommendation.<<

                  We have also seen Mamma Mia in Vegas.  My wife loved it more than I did, but it was very well done.

                  Steve Sly
                  ProgDay 2007
                  (NP - Nintutu - Shell)