Prog-Rock Diner playlist for 10/30/06

  • Debbie S.
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      Here's the playlist:

      Artist/Song/CD-album

      Dr.Goodsound? - Rock A Tron - Twisted Circus of Horror Sounds
      THE RED MASQUE - The House Of Ash - Feathers For Flesh
      KARDA ESTRA - Bones In The Moonlight - The Age of Science &
      Enlightenment
      FREDDIE HUBBARD - Threnody For Sharon Tate - Sing Me A Song Of Songmy
      SUN RA - Black Forest Myth - It's After The End Of The World
      ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - The Tell Tale Heart - Tales Of Mystery &
      Imagination
      BLOODROCK - D.O.A. - Bloodrock 2
      FAUST - Flashback - The Faust Tapes
      COPERNICUS - Joe Meets Copernicus - No Borderline
      MESSIAEN (played by Hans-Ola Ericsson - Transports de joie d'une la
      gloire du Christ qui est la sienne - Organ Music,Vol.1
      THE STRAWBS - The Life Auction - Ghosts
      MICHAEL MANTLER - The Doubtful Guest - 'Live'
      GOBLIN - Witch - The Fantastic Journey of Goblin
      SLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM - A Hymn To The Morning Star - Of Natural
      History
      UNIVERS ZERO - Jack The Ripper - Heresie
      VARIOUS - Scary Laboratory - Spooky Tales & Scary Sounds
      ATOMIC ROOSTER - Death Walks Behind You - In Satan's Name

      Happy Halloween!!

      -------------
      www.myspace.com/progrocklady

      Deb S.
      "The Prog-Rock Diner"
      www.fcac.org/webr Mondays 5-7pm EST
      ProgDay! www.progday.com
    • Noah Lesgold
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Debbie S. wrote:

        > COPERNICUS - Joe Meets Copernicus - No Borderline

        Y'know, when I saw your preview post with Copernicus listed as one of
        the artists, I was wondering if it was this guy. Out of curiosity,
        how'd you get exposed to his work? He's damnably hard to find
        information about online for a guy who's released 5-6 albums; I only
        have "Null" and "No Borderline", but I might be interested in getting
        more if I could find a source; it's pretty compelling stuff regardless
        of whether or not you appreciate his philosophy.

        For those who haven't heard any Copernicus, he's a performance artist
        and philosopher who records rants backed by mostly-improvisational
        music. It's a lot more interesting than that description might sound. :)

        --
        Noah Lesgold nlesgold@... AIM: nlesgold

        "Wait! I shall polymorph into a grid bug to give thee a fighting chance!"
      • progluvr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
          In a message dated 10/31/2006 3:36:55 P.M. GMT Standard Time, nlesgold@... writes:
          Y'know, when I saw your preview post with Copernicus listed as one of
          the artists, I was wondering if it was this guy. Out of curiosity,
          how'd you get exposed to his work? He's damnably hard to find
          information about online for a guy who's released 5-6 albums; I only
          have "Null" and "No Borderline", but I might be interested in getting
          more if I could find a source; it's pretty compelling stuff regardless
          of whether or not you appreciate his philosophy.

          For those who haven't heard any Copernicus, he's a performance artist
          and philosopher who records rants backed by mostly-improvisatio nal
          music. It's a lot more interesting than that description might sound. :)
          I had never heard of him until Paul 'introduced' me.  He has a story behind this too.  I can't remember if I got these on Amazon or eBay.  Anyway I'll forward this to Paul and see if he has any input.

          Deb S.
          "The Prog-Rock Diner"  Mondays 5-7pm EST