Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same Festival...!

  • handclaporawhisper
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006

      (Thought this news would be of interest to everyone...)

      The one and only Mr. Steve Howe and Sweden's Flower Kings will headline the fourth annual "Prog In The Park" festival in Rochester, NY this coming Columbus Day Weekend, October 7 & 8.

      Also featured in this year's outstanding line-up:

      ***  Tunnels
      ***  Helmet of Gnats
      ***  Gende's Giant (Gentle Giant tribute band)
      ***  Karcius
      ***  Von Frickle
      ***  and more!

      Please visit PROG90.com for information and tickets. (Discounted hotel rooms have been reserved but will not last!!)

      Thanks very much, and hope to see you in Rochester,

      ... Dan

    • Jim B
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
        Howdy All,

        I look into this. I'm assuming its a seated festival and not a standing festival (some of them are). My Godparents live outside of Rochester so I don't need a hotel. It would be a great excuse to visit them and see some good prog. Only issue is they might not be home then.

        Jim B

        > From: "handclaporawhisper" <dwahle@...>
        > Date: 2006/07/31 Mon PM 11:37:09 EDT
        > To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [ProgAndOther] Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same Festival...!
        >

        > (Thought this news would be of interest to everyone...)
        >
        > The one and only Mr. Steve Howe and Sweden's Flower Kings will headline
        > the fourth annual "Prog In The Park" festival in Rochester, NY this
        > coming Columbus Day Weekend, October 7 & 8.
        >
        > Also featured in this year's outstanding line-up:
        >
        > *** Tunnels
        > *** Helmet of Gnats
        > *** Gende's Giant (Gentle Giant tribute band)
        > *** Karcius
        > *** Von Frickle
        > *** and more!
        >
        > Please visit PROG90.com for information and tickets. (Discounted hotel
        > rooms have been reserved but will not last!!)
        >
        > Thanks very much, and hope to see you in Rochester,
        >
        > ... Dan

        "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
      • Noah Lesgold
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
          On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Jim B wrote:

          > I look into this. I'm assuming its a seated festival and not a
          > standing festival (some of them are). My Godparents live outside of
          > Rochester so I don't need a hotel. It would be a great excuse to
          > visit them and see some good prog. Only issue is they might not be
          > home then.

          I've been toying with the idea of coming up to Rochester for this, if I
          can manage it. Looking at the event site, Saturday is at someplace
          called The German House, which I'm not familiar with; apparently there
          is a theater on one floor and a bar below, hopefully both would have
          seating. As for Sunday, it's at the Water Street Music Hall, which I
          actually was at once, since I saw They Might Be Giants there in '99. My
          recollection is that it was a standing-room venue, but they probably
          have the option of seating (which hopefully would be the case).

          --
          Noah Lesgold http://nlesgold.freeshell.org/
          nlesgold@... AIM: nlesgold

          "I used to think every day I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a
          revolver was a victory, but little 'golden' moments like this make me
          wonder, 'A victory for who?'"
          --Something Positive (www.somethingpositive.net)
        • Greg Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
            I'm fairly sure it's an indoor seated venue - but perhaps someone can confirm.  I know the area well as my relatives live in neighborhood.  It is a nice neighborhood with some local bars and restaurant within walking distance.  I wish I could go this year, but my wife is due the same weekend.

            Greg

            Jim B <waywardson98@...> wrote:
            Howdy All,

            I look into this. I'm assuming its a seated festival and not a standing festival (some of them are). My Godparents live outside of Rochester so I don't need a hotel. It would be a great excuse to visit them and see some good prog. Only issue is they might not be home then.

            Jim B

            > From: "handclaporawhisper"
            > Date: 2006/07/31 Mon PM 11:37:09 EDT
            > To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [ProgAndOther] Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same Festival...!
            >

            > (Thought this news would be of interest to everyone...)
            >
            > The one and only Mr. Steve Howe and Sweden's Flower Kings will headline
            > the fourth annual "Prog In The Park" festival in Rochester, NY this
            > coming Columbus Day Weekend, October 7 & 8.
            >
            > Also featured in this year's outstanding line-up:
            >
            > *** Tunnels
            > *** Helmet of Gnats
            > *** Gende's Giant (Gentle Giant tribute band)
            > *** Karcius
            > *** Von Frickle
            > *** and more!
            >
            > Please visit PROG90.com for information and tickets. (Discounted hotel
            > rooms have been reserved but will not last!!)
            >
            > Thanks very much, and hope to see you in Rochester,
            >
            > ... Dan

            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

            ---
            The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
            To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Greg Hall
            Waterford, MI

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • handclaporawhisper
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2006
              Greg, Jim and All...

              Sorry for the late reply.... I can confirm that both German House
              Theater (Day 1 of PITP) and Water Street Music Hall (Day 2 of PITP)
              will be general admission SEATING. The only exception to this is
              Karcius and Helmet of Gnats who open for TFK on the "Club side" of
              Water Street, will probably be a seating/standing mix.

              Both venues are really great, and we're really excited about the
              line-up of the festival this year. Howe and TFK make great book-
              ends, with a loaded line-up in the middle!

              Check out PROG90.com for more details. Hope many of you can make
              it, and thanks for spreading the word!

              ... Dan

              Dan Wahle
              TFK Promoter

              --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, Greg Hall
              <motorcityprogger@...> wrote:

              > I'm fairly sure it's an indoor seated venue - but perhaps someone
              can confirm. I know the area well as my relatives live in
              neighborhood. It is a nice neighborhood with some local bars and
              restaurant within walking distance. I wish I could go this year,
              but my wife is due the same weekend.

              > Greg
              >
              > Jim B <waywardson98@...> wrote:
              > Howdy All,
              >
              > I look into this. I'm assuming its a seated festival and not a
              standing festival (some of them are). My Godparents live outside of
              Rochester so I don't need a hotel. It would be a great excuse to
              visit them and see some good prog. Only issue is they might not be
              home then.

              > Jim B
              > >
              > > From: "handclaporawhisper"
              > > Date: 2006/07/31 Mon PM 11:37:09 EDT
              > > To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: [ProgAndOther] Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same
              Festival...!

              > > (Thought this news would be of interest to everyone...)
              > >
              > > The one and only Mr. Steve Howe and Sweden's Flower Kings will
              headline
              > > the fourth annual "Prog In The Park" festival in Rochester, NY
              this
              > > coming Columbus Day Weekend, October 7 & 8.
              > >
              > > Also featured in this year's outstanding line-up:
              > >
              > > *** Tunnels
              > > *** Helmet of Gnats
              > > *** Gende's Giant (Gentle Giant tribute band)
              > > *** Karcius
              > > *** Von Frickle
              > > *** and more!
              > >
              > > Please visit PROG90.com for information and tickets. (Discounted
              hotel
              > > rooms have been reserved but will not last!!)
              > >
              > > Thanks very much, and hope to see you in Rochester,
              > >
              > > ... Dan
              > >

              > "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
              temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin
              Franklin

              > ---
              > The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
              > To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > Greg Hall
              > Waterford, MI
              > motorcityprogger@...

            • Storey, Scott D. (JSC-IT2)
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2006
                Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same Festival...!

                I can't vouch for Karcius, but Helmet of Gnats are a great progessive-fusion band. The other two you probably already know about.

                -sds, sent from my BlackBerry

                <motorcityprogger@...> wrote:

                > I'm fairly sure it's an indoor seated venue - but perhaps someone
                can confirm.  I know the area well as my relatives live in
                neighborhood.  It is a nice neighborhood with some local bars and
                restaurant within walking distance.  I wish I could go this year,
                but my wife is due the same weekend.

                >   Greg
                >
                > Jim B <waywardson98@...> wrote:
                >   Howdy All,
                >
                > I look into this. I'm assuming its a seated festival and not a
                standing festival (some of them are). My Godparents live outside of
                Rochester so I don't need a hotel. It would be a great excuse to
                visit them and see some good prog. Only issue is they might not be
                home then.

                > Jim B
                > >
                > > From: "handclaporawhisper"
                > > Date: 2006/07/31 Mon PM 11:37:09 EDT
                > > To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
                > > Subject: [ProgAndOther] Steve Howe and Flower Kings At Same
                Festival...!

                > > (Thought this news would be of interest to everyone...)
                > >
                > > The one and only Mr. Steve Howe and Sweden's Flower Kings will
                headline
                > > the fourth annual "Prog In The Park" festival in Rochester, NY
                this
                > > coming Columbus Day Weekend, October 7 & 8.
                > >
                > > Also featured in this year's outstanding line-up:
                > >
                > > *** Tunnels
                > > *** Helmet of Gnats
                > > *** Gende's Giant (Gentle Giant tribute band)
                > > *** Karcius
                > > *** Von Frickle
                > > *** and more!
                > >
                > > Please visit PROG90.com for information and tickets. (Discounted
                hotel
                > > rooms have been reserved but will not last!!)
                > >
                > > Thanks very much, and hope to see you in Rochester,
                > >
                > > ... Dan
                > >

                > "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
                temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin
                Franklin

                > ---
                > The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
                > To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > Greg Hall
                > Waterford, MI
                > motorcityprogger@...

                >  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                ---