Re: [ProgAndOther] recent acquisitions

    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2006
      "Tommy" is a great album, but I think "Quadrophenia" is better.  The band took the concept piece a step further with the latter release IMO.  I don't have "Sell Out" so I can't really comment on it.

      Steve Sly
      Progday 2006
      (NP - Iron Maiden - Virtual XI)

      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2006
        Re: [ProgAndOther] recent acquisitions I went hog wild the other day and bought a few things myself. Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to listen to any of them due to a busy home schedule this week. It’s supposed to rain some this weekend, so that may be a good opportunity. Here they is:

        Tool – 10,000 days (very cool case with 3-D visual stuff)
        Pearl Jam – new s/t
        Gomez – How We Operate
        Flower Kings – Paradox Hotel
        The Church – uninvited, like the clouds
        Deep Purple – Made in Japan (2-disc)
        Umphrey’s McGee – Safety In Numbers
        Tommy Bolin – Whips & Roses
        Ian Gillan – Gillan’s Inn (on its way)

        I’m not very good at reviews, but I’ll post some opinion on these the next chance I get.

        -sds
        -np – sigur ros - ()

        On 5/3/06 8:42 PM, "Noah Lesgold" <nlesgold@...> wrote:

        We've been having great traffic on the list lately, and I figure I ought
        to do my part to keep it going, so here are my initial thoughts on a
        half dozen CDs I picked up yesterday and today.

        <snip some great reviews>